Keep it simple and score.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I very often find simple things work best. What have you guys achived by a little lateral thinking.

For me, drilling out the press studs on the wheel arch draught cover and fitting suckers has cured a persistant problem, and the curling water inlet hose simplified by cable tying the last 14 inches to a length of food grade plastic pipe. Cutting a 6 inch section of old awning profile and attaching a bit of rope has really made cleaning the awning rail easy, and also for lubricating said rail on site before wrestling with the divorce in a bag.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I wanted to cure the curling inlet pipe issue and thought about either fixing a heavy weight to the strainer or inserting a pipe... I have made the filling pipe to replce the aquaroll hose, so that will be my next project.

I've not done anything else to the van as a "hack", but we have simplified thngs by repurposing domestic items that were either spare or obsolete to store permanetly inside, such as some old pans and a set of Ikea plates (19p each!) Rather than buying new or caravan specific.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Where do I start.As on serviced pitches most of time I put some 2" clips on gas locker bulkhead,then clipped 2 pieces of waste pipe from one side up and across down other side-as I got fed up untangling coiled pipe,as for ehu cable and aqua roll fill pipe I coil em into big coils and leave on end washroom floor in storage/travel- no tight coils.
There's a little 2shelf cabinet between lounge and dinette really deep and hard to get to back of,remove shelves,fit in ikea larder rack unhinged door and fixed to front.
Our elddis has a poor whip aerial,as most of places now have a connection at bollard,I fitted a proper matching aerial socket on bulkhead (in van lounge) ran coax cable through gas locker and floor to a house hold surface mounted aerial socket screwed upside down on offside front floor,saves routing cable through a window or drilling a hole in roof to fit a decent aerial.
I assume that's what you were after,cheers.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
On using the Cadac for the first time this year, It wasn't performing well. Took out the control gas unit to clean the jets using a little interdental tooth pick brush. Amazed at how grubby the jets were. All good again.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
What a disappointment ...

I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to be educated on how to introduce myself to the ladies on a Friday night down at the local :p

May 24, 2014
Visit site

I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to be educated on how to introduce myself to the ladies on a Friday night down at the local

So stop reading this thread and get yourself down there.
Mind you, if you need educating, there was a day.........................once.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Icaru5 said:

I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to be educated on how to introduce myself to the ladies on a Friday night down at the local :p

Just take a cute little dog, like mine a real babe magnet.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
To fill my Aquaroll from taps I have given up on using a hose or even an old bit of waste water pipe and now use an ultra light device. It started life as an Innocent family size orange juice bottle, with the bottom removed it makes a good funnel, and if you make a second and push that into the first it makes a long one for those silly high taps.

A cut short version also makes quite a good waste container funnel for outlets like mine that are under the van.

It all came about as a need after I left the tube at home, now it is my preferred option. I found the hose got algae developing inside, really put me off that method.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
20151218_221427_zpsrtjoaqnh.jpg
Anseo said:
EH52ARH said:
Just take a cute little dog, like mine a real babe magnet.

(Psst) How much do you want for the mutt?

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Anyway, enough of this sillyness ...

Back on topic, I was fed up with the shower tray not draining properly, and frequently finding myself standing in a couple of inches of water when trying to dry myself in the shower cubicle. Simple fix ... I took a 32mm hole saw, carefully measured the centre of the shower tray and drilled alll the way through the shower tray and through the floor to the outside. Works a treat. No more standing in water., B)

Like you say, it’s the simple things that make all the difference ...

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Icaru5 said:

Back on topic, I was fed up with the shower not draining properly, and frequently finding myself standing in a couple of inches of water when trying to dry myself in the shower cubicle. Simple fix ... I took a 32mm hole saw, carefully measured the centre of the shower tray and drilled alll the way through the shower tray and through the floor to the outside. Works a treat. No more standing in water., B)

Can't say I've had that problem yet !! :lol:

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Icaru5 said:

Back on topic, I was fed up with the shower not draining properly, and frequently finding myself standing in a couple of inches of water when trying to dry myself in the shower cubicle. Simple fix ... I took a 32mm hole saw, carefully measured the centre of the shower tray and drilled alll the way through the shower tray and through the floor to the outside. Works a treat. No more standing in water., B)

Can't say I've had that problem yet !! :lol:

Well Craig ... Just think of how much weight you could save by stripping out your shower cubicle. Maybe that would make a great storage area for a couple of bikes :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts