Keeping your caravan clean!

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, just been away with my Bailey and its now dirty as has dirt all over the front!. What do people do when it comes to keeping their pride and joy clean. The reason why i ask is i live in a flat, its hard for me to get the caravan parked and cleaned. I cant take the caravan to my parents as there isnt much room there to get it cleaned.
Is there any places i can take the caravan to?? like the same places where you can take your car to like a diy valet place for caravans?

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a hand car wash run by enterprising young foreigners springing up on just about every street, I'm sure if you were to stop by and ask them they would happily give you a price to give the caravan a wash down and you can make sure there is enough room for you to get the van in easily enough at the same time.

Beehpee

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Beehpee said:
There seems to be a hand car wash run by enterprising young foreigners springing up on just about every street, I'm sure if you were to stop by and ask them they would happily give you a price to give the caravan a wash down and you can make sure there is enough room for you to get the van in easily enough at the same time. Beehpee

There is a sign on entry;

No cheques, debit or credit cards accepted, cash will do nicely thankyou.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Mr Bell .
I cant get my van home to clean it either so what i do is take two 25 ltr containers of warm water to the storage and give it a good wash dow n there.
peace and tranquility.
Sir Roger.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
we are about to store our caravan this october and the owner stated that we can clean the caravan and they installed washing facitlies to do so. It,s in north wales on a farm site.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Beehpee said:
There seems to be a hand car wash run by enterprising young foreigners springing up on just about every street, I'm sure if you were to stop by and ask them they would happily give you a price to give the caravan a wash down and you can make sure there is enough room for you to get the van in easily enough at the same time. Beehpee
A jolly good idea; but just be careful if they are using pressure washers as these can strip the mastic. Get them to turn them down to ordinary hosepipe pressure.
mel

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all replies, the storage place i use does not have facilities for cleaning. I have to admit i would rather claen the caravan my self then someone else doing it as i like to know the job is done well. I will have to see if can find somewhere to take the van so can clean it. There is spaces out side the flat where i live but i will have to find a day when everyone is out so can get the van parked and then i can do some cleaning!! was going to do it this weekend but the weather doesnt look to good. I am hoping to have the caravan cleaned before we go away in aug to Oban!! wohoo so looking foward to me holiday!

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
I bought one of those battery powered fence paint sprayers from a boot sale. That & a 25ltr jerry can of water + Fenwick caravan cleaner & Bobby dazzler rinse makes a very easy job of cleaning my van. Im sure one of those larger pump up pressure sprayers would do the job fine & would be easily rtansported in a car to the storage site

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that Phil, I won't risk it though, I use a rotary brush attachment on my hose pipe that helps me get into all the grooves and channels with it's reservoir filled with fenwicks caravan cleaner and then dry it off with an eco cloth. Lovely shine.

TRENDING THREADS