Kerb weight C5 Estate

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are looking to purchase a new caravan in 2005, my current car is a Citroen C5 2.2 HDI manual Exclusive estate. The hand book states an unlaiden weight of 1518 kgs and on visting web sites this is the figure which is quoted as the cars kerb weight. However I decided to check this for myself and took the car to a local authority weigh bridge. With myself (my weight is about 80 kgs) and a full tank of diesel the car weighed in at 1710 kgs, therefore am I correct to say that this figure can be used as the kerb weight when deciding on a caravan car match. Obviously I will have to ensure that the combined weight of car and caravan does not exceed the maximum gross train weight. Your views would be much preciated.

Thanks

Kevin Herbert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bought the 2.0 diesel because it has a max tow of 1500KG, unfortunately the 2.2 diesel has a max tow of 1200Kg. Weird I know, but unfortunately the VIN plates capture this data. So unfortunately unless I'm wrong you need a lighter caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It is very common for the actual kerbweight to be higher than the published kerbweight. Manufacturers, on the whole, quote, kerbweights for a base vehicle with no accessories or optional extras. By the way, this also includes the towbar, a fitting that can easily add another 40 or so kg to the unladen weight. Only the gross vehicle (and gross train) weights are legally important. Therefore, a low kerbweight will always suggest a higher payload than will actually be available. The only reference to kerbweight which has any legal significance is in driving license requirements. It does not have any legal bearing on technical towing limits, only on recommended maximum towload values.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts