Kerbweight accuracy - A warning!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
AWD or part time 4wd? Why cant they do the brake test on rollers after all AWD isnt a new feature, Land Rovers have been around a while now.
Regardless of type of system, the 4wd will artificially increase a single axle brake performance as brakes on the other axle will be assisting to some extent.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Regardless of type of system, the 4wd will artificially increase a single axle brake performance as brakes on the other axle will be assisting to some extent.
So how are AWD or part time 4WD tested to ensure brake performance? There must be a pass/fail criteria.If the other axle assists then it is part of the performance assessment isn't it? My Sorento and Pajero could operate in 2WD mode, but the Subaru is full time AWD.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
So how are AWD or part time 4WD tested to ensure brake performance? There must be a pass/fail criteria.If the other axle assists then it is part of the performance assessment isn't it? My Sorento and Pajero could operate in 2WD mode, but the Subaru is full time AWD.
A "Tapley Meter" should be used for MoT brake test for any vehicle which can't be test on rollers - requires a road drive.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Back on topic,Their was a thread on Kuga forums about kerb weight and all the ones that went to weight bridge were about 100kg more than what they were told/on v5.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I am sorry if I offended you as I was replying to another post in the same thread and my reply was relevant. Also I was not aware that you are now a moderator?
He isn't but I am.
I've removed the contentious comment and the quote which shows it.

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Back on topic,Their was a thread on Kuga forums about kerb weight and all the ones that went to weight bridge were about 100kg more than what they were told/on v5.
That doesn’t surprise me one bit. I’ve come across differences of up to 150kg. After all, the V5 figure is mass in running order and not kerbweight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts