Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I want to repair the black part of my key fob, not sure what it is really called . I have broken a part of mine which means that it cannot go on a key ring. Am looking to make it out of solid material not rubber ., Some time in the very past I used a material you could make many shapes out of it once cured for the life of me just cannot remember although Araldite comes to mind.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would have thought Araldite would work, make a shallow shape around the key using tin foil and pour the mixture into that then as it sets, remove from the foil and shape as required.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I want to repair the black part of my key fob, not sure what it is really called . I have broken a part of mine which means that it cannot go on a key ring. Am looking to make it out of solid material not rubber ., Some time in the very past I used a material you could make many shapes out of it once cured for the life of me just cannot remember although Araldite comes to mind.
Look at Plast Aid underc”A useful addition to the toolkit” thread. Lots of online videos.
https://www.plast-aid.com/

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We did the same thing on our last caravan. I used the other after that and kept the broken one as a spare. When we sold the caravan I gave it the dealer who did not bat an eyelid and confirmed that they get a lot like that.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds to me like the stuff you're describing is Sugru
What stuff are you referring too? Plast-Aid is a two part mix of a liquid and a powder. Sugru is a soft plasticine like compound that dries hard once opened and moulded to shape. There are areas of overlap in usage but otherwise distinct differences in applications.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for confirming what I thought to do

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
What stuff are you referring too?

I was replying to Robert's original question...

Some time in the very past I used a material you could make many shapes out of it once cured for the life of me just cannot remember although Araldite comes to mind.

On the information given he could have been referring to Sugru, and that would be the first thing I'd try in that application.

Reactions: Robert_374373903

TRENDING THREADS