Kia 7 year warranty

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Question, last year i acquired a 18 plate Sportage first registered in 2018, so it has one year left. Do i need to have it serviced at a Kia dealer or can i use my independent garage?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You can use an independent providing your invoices clearly show suitable materials, and parts have been used and thevservice schedule is adhered to. Of course if a part fails and it’s not part of the service schedule then it should be covered if it falls within the T&C of the warranty. I had one of ours serviced and MOT a few days at a Kia agent before the warranty expired just in case they spotted any warrantable fault. Frankly though I would use a Kia dealership then there’s less hassle annd ours aren’t expensive to use.

Reactions: Steve1962
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our last three Kia’s were all serviced at Chippenham Motor Company who sold them to us. At the end of 7 years our local chap continued the annual service and MOT. Our Kia dealer wasn’t much more expensive. It gave us peace of mind that any warranty would be dealt with swiftly. Never had to claim!
Your choice but do follow Clive’s advice above.

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Our last three Kia’s were all serviced at Chippenham Motor Company who sold them to us. At the end of 7 years our local chap continued the annual service and MOT. Our Kia dealer wasn’t much more expensive. It gave us peace of mind that any warranty would be dealt with swiftly. Never had to claim!
Your choice but do follow Clive’s advice above.
We bought our KX4 Sportage from Chippenham Kia, and were going to part ex our old Suzuki SX4 - I mentioned that the other car we had was a Honda Jazz and they told us they'd offer us more for that car so that's what we did.

Steve

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Has it been serviced every year since it was new?

My daughter was looking for a Sportage last year. 2019 / 2020 plate models. We must have seen 20 odd and enquired about many more. Only ONE single car had a complete service history, including at Kia dealers

No complete history = no manufactures warranty

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Has it been serviced every year since it was new?

My daughter was looking for a Sportage last year. 2019 / 2020 plate models. We must have seen 20 odd and enquired about many more. Only ONE single car had a complete service history, including at Kia dealers

No complete history = no manufactures warranty
yes, full Kia service history.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you buy Kia Approved the warranty is reinstated to a full seven years with mileage to 100k. Mine was 11 months old with just under 4000 miles and prepared in Kia’s own facility, it was like a brand new car but cheaper. The warranty was reinstated for the full seven years, two years RAC cover, MoT insurance, free nav and infotainment updates until 2029, fully serviced prior to delivery.

Reactions: Steve1962
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
I bought a new Sedona in 2002, 2.9 turbo diesel engine which was in fact a rebadged Mercedes engine.
Had that for 13 yrs and did 188k in it.
During ownership the only faults were:
Wheel bearing which went whilst we were on holiday in Antibes in 2011, and the alternator the same year.
Not the most engaging drive, but it served well for our family of 5 ( 3 boys), and I drove it to the South of France 5 yrs in a row and also into Monaco a couple of times.
So it was still on original clutch, gearbox and full exhaust system during that time
I would say it was value for money.
Happy days👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts