Kia Alloy wheels

Apr 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew

just picked up this thread. Do i take it you had problems with original Sorento wheels?

What was the issue? I went back to my dealer with what i considered to be premature pitting and general degradation of the wheel finish..They said "sorry not a warranty issue" !

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

if you look at the Kia UK Forum you will see that there have been a number of owners whose wheels pitted and had them replaced under warranty. It seems to be the earlier 2003-04 models with 16 inch wheels. Some dealers where not too responsive, but when shown the Postings from the web site contacted Kia who promptly authorised a replacement set.

Apr 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

if you look at the Kia UK Forum you will see that there have been a number of owners whose wheels pitted and had them replaced under warranty. It seems to be the earlier 2003-04 models with 16 inch wheels. Some dealers where not too responsive, but when shown the Postings from the web site contacted Kia who promptly authorised a replacement set.
Hi other Clive

Got the threads now Thanks!

I did'nt realise it was so wide spread, and mine is that year so wasn't being unreasonable with my expectations. Must admit i did "sulk" when told not warranty matter.

My 3 years cover is now up but I hope to appeal to the better nature of the dealer who is Kia main status so if he wants some return business I won't mention the name........whoops have I just broke some posting rules?? or even gulity of blackmail!

Anyway , I hope to see some new wheels on the best car I ever owned!

And Ive had a few ( ask my wife)!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham,

We found that our alloy wheels were pitting....and had read all about it on the Kia Forum.

Approached the dealer and had it authorised ( still under warranty ) with no quibble at all.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Your Kia dealer was wrong. I had a new set of wheels and these have been excellent. Take you car to another dealer as some of them are not good. It appears they are either very helpful or totally obstructive.

Apr 12, 2006
Visit site
Graham,

We found that our alloy wheels were pitting....and had read all about it on the Kia Forum.

Approached the dealer and had it authorised ( still under warranty ) with no quibble at all.
Hope i'm now not too late as my warranty has since expired and I was not diligent enough I guess.

Lesson learnt!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep there was a problem,

I took the vehicle back to the dealer and they agreed the pitting was covered by the warrenty.This was due to insufficent lacquer on the wheels. No argument from the dealer just replaced with a new set of rims.Just make sure your vehicle is still within the 3 year warrenty.Also get them to check the spare. Mine was O.K but don't forget its there and could be effected.

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham.

Did you report the fault prior to the warrenty expiring. If you did I think you might have a cause that the dealership was negligent in the advice they gave when you had a true warrenty claim and if they give no assistance speak to Kia U.K direct they have to date been good with their customer service in the U.K. As you can see many others have had good service. Yes it seems to effect the 03-04 models with the 16" 5 Spoke alloys. Mine was fist regestered December 2004 but still had the same problem, you just don't know when the alloys were manufactured.

Rob

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
I had my original set replaced under warranty when two years old. The new set are now showing signs of the same problem again.This is very annoying on what otherwise has been a great car. Have just done a deal to change Sorento for a new one. Should be picking it up within a week or so.

My wife has a Rav4 and the wheels wash up as new with no effort so there is a defiinite problem with the sorento that i do not think has been resolved yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts