Kia Sedona - Rear Bike Carriers

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
I was looking to purchase a rear bike carrier for my Kia Sedona, which would be used whilst towing my caravan. On speaking to Thule, they recommend that none of their rear bike carriers can be used whilst towing, possibly due to the clearance between carrier and caravan. Has anyone got any recommendations on rear bike carriers or will I have to use a roof mounted version, which is not really suitable considering the height of the vehicle.

Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are going to put the bikes on the rear of the car this affects the nose weight . If your car has a nose weight limit of say 100kg and you put 2 bikes on the back weighing say 20 kilos it will only leave 80kg for the van. Also make sure you mount them high as some times on a realy tight corner the bikes could foul the jockey wheel. Personally I always put the bikes on the roof.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
The Witter is the one that I have used on three cars. Renault Senic, Volvo 850 and a V.W. Touran. towing and non towing, this country and all over the rest of Europe, no problems for two bikes.

You need to load high (depends on the bike) and be concious of very tight bends but I have had no dificulties. Apart from being rear ended by a mobile phone loving Scotsman on the top of Glen Coe.

Yippy my first contribution that I did not need to sign off

ttfn

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
PS

one disadventage is that if you are without van you have to be carefull how many bottles of Red you load. I have fond memories of kissing every 'sleeping policeman' from the South of France to Calais but hell the Wine was good.

ttfn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Witter is the one that I have used on three cars. Renault Senic, Volvo 850 and a V.W. Touran. towing and non towing, this country and all over the rest of Europe, no problems for two bikes.

You need to load high (depends on the bike) and be concious of very tight bends but I have had no dificulties. Apart from being rear ended by a mobile phone loving Scotsman on the top of Glen Coe.

Yippy my first contribution that I did not need to sign off

ttfn
Hi Norfolk Mike, you must be new here, so let me put it to you straight. There's this character, Mike from Norfolk, very shady geezer. Careful what you say to him and his chickens....

;o)

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi Norfolk Mike, you must be new here, so let me put it to you straight. There's this character, Mike from Norfolk, very shady geezer. Careful what you say to him and his chickens....

;o)
Snap, Norfolk n' Good and the chickens are closer than you think!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we bought one from Halfords two years ago. But, the bracket that the carrier fixes to does goes behind the ball and does not allow too much space if you use an ALko type hitch. I only carry two childrens bikes and the Rover 75 limit is 100kg. Carefull monitoring of the caravan nose weight is essential

Mar 6, 2006
Visit site
Chris, I recently changed from a 'low' estate car, to a 'high' 4x4, and found I couldn't reach the roof for the bikes ! A quick scout on Ebay saw a solution in the form of an aluminium platform, about 3 or 4 feet long, 2 feet tall with folding legs at each end used for decorating/gardening etc.We can now reach the roof, wash the car and van, and use the platform as a bench seat, or barbie table for food when away - you only need to drop one bike on the car.....

owain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts