Jul 27, 2005
Visit site
I have a Lunar Premier 516L caravan which I currently tow with a very old Bedford van. Unfortunately the Bedford has to go into 'retirement' and I am looking at replacing it with a Kia Sedona LE 2.9 Diesel. Has any of your members any comments on the Kia Sedona, both as a towing vehicle and as a general vehicle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I've had a few different types of cars and decided that the people carrier was the best choice for towing. I first had the Ford Galaxy 1.9 CRI/TDI and I thought that was the best out there. After three years it was time for a change and instead of going for the Ford Galaxy again I though I'd try something different.

The Galaxy was

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had the Sedona since january 05, cannot fault it.

Seats easy to remove and replace ample space between seat, A bit plasticy but ar'nt they all. Rear visibility for reversing a bitt iffy

Just watch the turning circle.

An excellent tow car and family car very economical

GO FOR IT

roger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can only agree with the other comments. Loads of boot space if, and only if you remove the rear seats which I do for the Dog.

You will also find, and i'm told its common to all, the clutch on manual models bites at 5mm of the floor. You need to push it well into the floor for clunkless gear changes!! Had mine since May and towed three times with no problems. You may find you need different towing mirrors. Just one small niggle is when in 5th gear and the seat fully raised, I find the gear stick digs into the side of my left Knee, if its placed just at the side of the clutch peddle. Otherwise its a great vehicle so far.

Brian

Aug 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren

We have the Kia sedona 2.9crdi and we find it fantastic for towing. It puts out 145bhp and 310Nm of torque so plenty of muscle. We tow an abbey aventura 330 with no trouble, you hardly know the van is there. We get about 38 mpg solo and about 28 towing. I did write an article in practical carravan a couple of months ago ( a big cheer for Kia). The 3rd row of seats do come out and make a huge load space and still have room for 4 people.I would certainly reccomend one. as pete said they have good second hand prices, so grab yourself a good deal as I am sure you wont be dissapointed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts