Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terence

There have been a number of posts over the last few months regarding the Sedona, the majority being positive. Click on Forum Search at the top of the page, input Sedona in the subject field and click the search button. You will find 5 threads that will interest you.

Happy motoring

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I have just bought a 2000 Sedona 2.9 Tdi GSX.Put my Lunar Delta 610-5 (1700 kg)on the back and it towed so good I nearly forgot it was on the back!!! Superb towing car and more ooomph and comfort than my last vehicle ,a Land Rover Discovery 2.5 TDI automatic 300 series.What a pile of gutless metal!!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
LB, its getting funny now. We even have people who bye a defective car (well it must have been as mine tows 1800kg at any speed I wish on any incline I chuck it at) and then tell us about it.

So, its! a guy who owns a car that is renowned for its towing ability and then lets it run around gutless. Me, I would have got it checked out. but hell, it takes all sorts

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
A friend of mine bought a 'van which was sited in Spain and collected it with his Sedona which he proclaimed to be the best towcar he'd ever had (that old chestnut). I drove his car from Edinburgh home to Fife later that week and thought it was terrible. Very underpowered with possibly the worst auto 'box I've driven in years.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
LB, its getting funny now. We even have people who bye a defective car (well it must have been as mine tows 1800kg at any speed I wish on any incline I chuck it at) and then tell us about it.

So, its! a guy who owns a car that is renowned for its towing ability and then lets it run around gutless. Me, I would have got it checked out. but hell, it takes all sorts

not chasing u honest.

but if u remember the car of the year result,from the caravan

club, then u will see they mentioned it could do with some

extra umph....

and looking at its spec, how can u question that....

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
not chasing u honest.

but if u remember the car of the year result,from the caravan

club, then u will see they mentioned it could do with some

extra umph....

and looking at its spec, how can u question that....
now you lost me, the car of the year for the CC was the sorrento and ALL cars could do with a little extra, its having a good balance that is important.

The 300tdi was known to loose power for 2 reasons, one is the gunking up of the breather at the top of the engine and the other is a collapsed pipe on the intercooler. Both should be easily found and fixed by any competent mechanic. Hence the comment.

I can also, honestly say that My disco now on 73k miles still pulls like a train, and never feels lacking with the van on the back. Yes I know its there, (anyone who says they don't know a caravan is on the back of any car needs to have their brain seen to) but it does not hold the car back or cause me to question the gears.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts