Kia Sorento, 1st Generation, Rear Axle Bracket Rust - Important

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
UK MK 1 SORENTO: UPPER TRAILING ARM BRACKET CORROSION
IMPORTANT UPDATE 11/7/2017
IGNORING THIS COULD COST YOU UP TO £7,500
Hi Everyone
Sorry I haven’t been around lately but things are really starting to move quite quickly.
In case you do not know, in April 2017, Kia appeared to plan to stop all Free Bracket Service Campaign work from 30/4/2017.
In reality, on 4/7/2017 my Home Forum, UKSorento.com, heard from an official source that, contrary to what had been previously reported in April 2017, the Service Campaign had been re-instated until 30/4/2019.
It is unclear at present how well Kia Main Dealers (KMDs) are responding to this change. Certainly, until very recently, some KMDs have been ‘very unhelpful’.
The ‘Latest Advice’, on how to go about getting your brackets seen to, whether never ‘seen to’ or ‘Rusty Again’, has been comprehensively updated on my Home Forum to try to ensure as few problems as possible during what is likely to be a pretty confused time.
So, if you have recently been ‘rebuffed’ by Kia or still need to get your brackets seen to, please check out the ‘Latest Advce’. So far direct contact with a KMD is not recommended.
Sorry, but there is far too much information, including proforma emails etc, to re-produce here so please go to my Home Forum, Register and Login and then read the ‘Latest Advice’, this link will then work and lead you to everything on the subject: http://kiasorento.proboards.com/thread/13158/announcement-upper-bracket-latest-advice.
Another major development could well be posted there soon – so please keep in touch.
Regards, bogwort47, Admin 1, UKSorento.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts