kia Sorento or Hyundai Terracan

Nov 23, 2006
Visit site
I am towing an Ace Supreme Sunstar at 1794kg with a pajero. I am looking at a new towcar and have narrowed the field to one of the above. Is there any drivers of the above vechicles towing a similar van who can give me the + and - aganist each vechicle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've towed with a Terrecan for the past 18 months. I think it is the best towcar I have ever used. I've towed all over the UK and to Spain and Italy passing through lots of other countries. Not a single problem. I use the automatic and have really enjoyed driving it. I went to Germany without the van last year, my Satnav recorded a top speed of 107mph so it's no slow coach either. I shopped around on the internet and saved two grand against the list price.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, we have a Sorento auto which is a great towcar, is well built and so far appears to be reliable. Even though the Terracan is not as popular I have found everyone I have spoken to who tows with them seem to be impressed. Personally I would own either but with the Sorento being more popular if you are looking for a low mileage second hand model there is likely to be more choice with the Kia.

Nov 23, 2006
Visit site
thanks for the advice however I have been talked into buying a grand cherokee 2.7 Ltd by my other half. I don't know if this was a wise idea but I can always blame her if it was the wrong choice!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi colin, i have a r reg 4.0 grand cherokee auto and it tows fab. the model you are looking at can tow even more over 1800 and still on 85% of the caravan club recommended weights. there was a posting on here not so long ago where a man wanted advice on either the 2.7 or the 3.0 diesels grand cherokee jeeps.

cant remember what the outcome was.

enjoy the jeep

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi colin, i have a r reg 4.0 grand cherokee auto and it tows fab. the model you are looking at can tow even more over 1800 and still on 85% of the caravan club recommended weights. there was a posting on here not so long ago where a man wanted advice on either the 2.7 or the 3.0 diesels grand cherokee jeeps.

cant remember what the outcome was.

enjoy the jeep

jo-anne
Hi Colin

Welcome to the Jeep club. I am sure you will not be disapointed with the Jeep and its towing abilities. We to were looking at changing our Frontera for a Sorento, but after much research and test driving we settled on the grand cherokee and have been well pleased with the choice. In the summer we had a 2.7 Cherokee as a courtesy car and have to say it was lovely car, plenty of power (didnt tow with it) . Fuel consumption solo was in the region of 30 - 35mpg

Aug 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin,

I bought a Hyundai Terracan just over a year ago. I too was looking at the Terracan and Sorento. What swung it for me was 5 year warranty, price and boot space. We are very pleased with it, both solo and towing. I do have friends who have the Sorento and are very pleased with it. Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Welcome to the Jeep club. I am sure you will not be disapointed with the Jeep and its towing abilities. We to were looking at changing our Frontera for a Sorento, but after much research and test driving we settled on the grand cherokee and have been well pleased with the choice. In the summer we had a 2.7 Cherokee as a courtesy car and have to say it was lovely car, plenty of power (didnt tow with it) . Fuel consumption solo was in the region of 30 - 35mpg

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Might be too late now but we own a Terracan and ive found it to be very good for the price we paid. I bought it from the dealers in Stafford due to price he sold it me. Well worth the travel to sign the deal!

Chris

TRENDING THREADS