Kia Sorrento - Auto or Manual ?

May 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm considering buying a Kia Sorrento XS for towing my van (max weigth 1700kg) and wondered if anyone could give me advice on whether to buy Auto or Manual ?

Thanks

Nigel

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi nigel, we have a manual, our van is a Bailey Senator (1500kg) MTPLM, it towes a dream! i wouldn't personally recommend the auto, but thats just my preference! As for the sorento as a tow car, i would recommend it to anyone, we have had ours 2 years now and i will definately be having another!

hope this helps, best regards, andrew.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nigel

I have a Sorento XE 2.5 Diesel Automatic.Its a very good auto box and tows my Lunar Lexon EW twin 1600 Kg very well indeed.

Manual or Auto is a personal preference, but with todays driving condition I find the Auto far more relaxing.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel, we have a XS auto and have covered 30000 miles in it.Fantastic car but the mpg is only 26.Have been told the manual does more.The new one is better still with the tiptronic.As Jim says it's down to your own preference but I will have a new auto in 12 months time.

Tom.

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Ditto to the 2 above. We have the XS auto and love it. I think the overheating problems with autos is now a thing of the past (largely) and is a case of personal preference. As i mentioned in another thread i just turn the key pop it into drive and treat the journey as part of the holiday.

May 3, 2005
Visit site
TOM if you are getting 26mpg when towing with an auto box I think that it quite impressive.

What mpg do you get when not towing ??

I ask as I am considering a change of vehicle due to very high fuel consumption.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS