KIA Sorrento - Bike Rack - HELP!

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Morning Folks....

We have just bought a new Kia Sorrento and are wanting to purchase a bike rack that allows 3 bikes to stand on top of the car.

My brother in law bought a bike rack from a local store which stands their 3 bikes on top of his vectra.

He said i need to get some extensions on the roof rack on my kia to allow the same bike rack (which is an excellent bike rack)

on the kia.

Anyone with a kia done something to overcome this ?

We go away in 3 weeks for our first time and i want to be able to take the bikes !

Please help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy, I carry 3 bikes on the roof of my CRV. It is fitted with a Honda roof bar system and then I have 3 individial Thule carriers fitted to the bars. The centre one faces backwards so that the handle bars do not clash. There is a knack to loading them, especially when the height and reach to the centre one is taken into account, but myself and my teenage daughter manage it easily.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Andy, I carry 3 bikes on the roof of my CRV. It is fitted with a Honda roof bar system and then I have 3 individial Thule carriers fitted to the bars. The centre one faces backwards so that the handle bars do not clash. There is a knack to loading them, especially when the height and reach to the centre one is taken into account, but myself and my teenage daughter manage it easily.
Thanks ray. What are thule bars ? can you tell i'm new to this ? !

Do you think i need to speak with the Kia dealer to get a extension fitted to my existing rack in order to fit the kind of rack your describing ? (the rack your describing sounds exactly like my brother in laws rack)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy, I don't know what carrier system is catered for on your car. On the CRV hidden below trim on the roof line are fixings. The base carriers (4) are fitted to these and then the two bars. The bike carriers are fitted to the bars and have sliding fixings to allow for differing seperation distances of the bars for individual vehicles.

I do not know the carrier your brother has as you imply it is a single unit for 3 bikes whereas mine are 3 seperate carriers. Aquick trip to a motoring shop, such as Motorist Discount Centre, may help you. Do not expect this to be without some considerable expense!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When we take the bikes we fit crossover bars to the Sorento's roof rails, then fit the Thule bike carriers. Manage to fit four bikes on the roof with two bikes facing forward and two backwards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts