Kia sorrento

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Garry

We have had a Sorrento for 18 months and think it is a brilliant car.We tow a twin axle Lunar (1600kgs) with no problems at all.The only downside if you are doing a lot of miles is the mpg.At a steady 70 solo we get 27mpg and about 23mpg towing.I thought about swapping for a BMW 5 series but every time I put the caravan on the back I realise what a superb towcar it is.Hope this helps.P.S. I think the latest car gives slightly better mpg.Tom.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gary,

I tow a Bailey Senator Wyoming and found the Kia to be an excellent towcar. The engine always feels as if it has something in reserve at all speeds. The vertical opening tail gate is a real boon when it comes to hitching up as you can virtually see the top of the tow ball from the driving seat. I haven't checked fuel consumption accurately when towing but it seems to be around 25 - 28mpg. The car itself is well equipped for the money (its an ES model I've got). Good luck with any purchase you may make.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
brilliant towcar best ive ever had, went to spanish alps in june no problem with my twin axle abi and returned 25mpg towing with aircon on.

regards

stuart

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Garry, they are not the best tow cars in the world, the suspension is quite stiff, the 4 cylinder motor can be quite gruff, especially from a cold start and you won't get much of a discount on them from your local dealer. However, lb for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Garry,Have you had a look at a Hyundai Santa Fe. They are slightly smaller, but will tow 1500+kg. They're no ball of fire re performance, but come well equipped with masses of space. I got a good deal too after haggling,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts