Kia Sportage

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am seriously thinking about buying a 3 year old Kia Sportage 2.0lt diesel. This is with the 110bhp engine as I just cant afford to get one with the 138bhp engine. I tow a series 6 Bailey Pageant Monarch at about 1250kg. What are these like as a towcar and for solo use? I used to own a Freelander but am a bit reluctant to get another one due to the reliability issue. What are Kia like re. reliability? Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Sportage although the 138bhp version is a superb towcar, It tows my 1500kg Swift easily, and touch wood so far there have been no reliability issues other than an irritating intermittent flat spot problem. It is used every day for work and is just coming up to 10k miles and its first service. You do get a lot of kit for your money, but I cant really advise you as regards the 110bhp model, although I would think the higher powered model would be more comfortable towing.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
I like trevor have the 138bhp version and it is fantastic. But my mate has the version you are looking at and he has had no problems at all, and he pulls a Adria adora. Lots of torque which is what it is all about, as once you are on the go at a steady speed it justs coasts along.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts