Kicked in the teeth!!!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Why is it that just when you think life is treating you well someone comes along and kicks you in the teeth!!!
If you dont want to read yet another moan please turn off now!!

My self and OH have been registered with the same NHS dentist for the last 30+ years, OH had a check up in Feb and I had one in July, our dentist retired in May and it was taken over by some larger organisation, so we get a phone call today and they say to my OH that they no longer have room for her
smiley-yell.gif
so she explains that we have been with that practise for over 30 years and we would both like to stay there, there reply was " it's OK your husband can stay, but not you" but we want to see the same dentist she replies.
"Well register him at another practice with you when you find one."
Feel like taking my falsies and lobbing them through there window.
Think I should read, and take notice of my signature below
smiley-yell.gif
smiley-yell.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
How annoying. Trouble is getting a new nhs dentist is tricky. They are rarer than hen's teeth. Tried myself but just got a mouthful from various ones that I approached and getting information from the local nhs as to their whereabouts is like pulling teeth. Sometimes you get a temporary one, but they are just filling in. To cap it all; private dentists just want to clean up. Really makes you want to spit.
Sorry if this is tongue in cheek.
smiley-wink.gif

Cheer up
mel

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:

There lies your problem. With your missus they have to descale, polish, fill, extract etc. so it's alot of work for them. With yourself they only have to check your gums
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Gagakev said:

There lies your problem. With your missus they have to descale, polish, fill, extract etc. so it's alot of work for them. With yourself they only have to check your gums
smiley-smile.gif

seniorcatwithteeth.jpg
rofl.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

smiley-smile.gif

[/quote]

I'll have you know I actually have most teeth at the top and the falsies are for two on the bottom and to be honest I dont wear them. more trouble than there worth so when I lobb them they wont be missed
5.gif

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Mel said:
To cap it all; private dentists just want to clean up.

I've never had any luck with dentists, either private or NHS. They all want to clean up (well at least the ones I've had do so sorry to any on the forum who I haven't seen). NHS dentist treatment is totally driven by the good "earners" on their contract with the government. So some years they are keen to drill & fill, then it pays them to extract so suddenly you have lots of teeth beyond saving. A couple of years ago I couldn't persuade my dentist to do anything at all other than checkups!
It's sometimes worth getting a quote for private, it isn't much more usually and the dentist calls you "Sir" or "Madam".

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dont think you realise how serious this subject is
smiley-wink.gif

Talk about kicking a man (in the teeth) when he's down.

Rubber teeth, Billy bob teeth, rare as hen teeth, when is this all going to end?
2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts