Kidderminster to Llandrindod Wells

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
I am travelling via Kidderminster to Llandrindod Wells at the weekend. I have been advised to take a route which takes me via Ludlow on the B4368-B4365-A49 to Leominster. From Leominster I am happy with, but why go all the way to near Much Wenlock to then double back on myself?

Is there any reason why the more direct route from Kiddersminster to Lleominster, over the bypass bridge at Bewdley then on the A456-A4112, would not be suitable for a car and van?

Any advice from locals who know the area appreciated.

Wombat

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Wombat.

Just logged on the forum first time this week, so appologies if my reply is too late.

The 456 from Kiddy to Tenbury wells only has one fly in the ointment at Clows Top, but you should be able to climb that hill in 2nd gear quite easily.

I wouldn't go through Tenbury town to Leominster, but stay on the A456 and head to Wooferton. Here you will pick up the A49 and head to Leominster. That way you miss Raddle bank at Leysters and the narrows at Kimbolton on the A4112.

It is only a couple of miles further but you will save about 10 mins as you can maintain progress on the main road.

Petrol at Morrisons in Leo has gone up to 99.9p just for the holiday, as usual.

Have good un.

Steve L.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback Steve

You were too late unfortunately.

I got up Clows Top in third at least, maybe even fourth.

Went through Tenbury and yes that is where I lost time.

I will take your advice the next time we go to Doldwolod - lovely site.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts