KIELDER WATER AND THE DREADED MIDGES!!!

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Last weekend I visited the CC site on Kielder Water. I booked in form Friday to Monday. I lasted only 16 hours!!! Why oh why was the site full!!! I was eaten alive by the midges, despite using citronella candles, and oil and also an insect repelant. You could see them all in the air, which made it impossible to sit outside or even BBQ. I even saw one caravanner come out of his van with a bee keepers hat on, complete with face mask!! (guess he had been their before.)

At 6am on the Saturday I had to leave. The wardens where obviously still asleep I left my keys on the dof lead hook, and myself and my partner, and our friends who where in a tent left. Not even bothered if we got our £36 refund back. Actually still waiting to find out!!

Please heed this warning, they tell you about the midges but trust me they are terrible, and truly spoil any nights you spend their. Would be interested to hear other peoplesn views on this site.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Troy. I once caravanned on the shore of Loch Ness and seen lots of campers wearing bee keepers headgear! At first I thought I was in a Star Trek convention!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Troy,

As long as you remember that the midge season is from the end of May until the end of August,then you can plan your holidays with no problems.Use these sites only when you know that the midges are not there !!!

Have sympathy with the poor wardens who have to work there.

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Troy,

As long as you remember that the midge season is from the end of May until the end of August,then you can plan your holidays with no problems.Use these sites only when you know that the midges are not there !!!

Have sympathy with the poor wardens who have to work there.
I do Maureen, the part time wardens where lovely and extremely helpful. I will be going back but will visit in the winter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts