King of the tv remote?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Question for the women members on here.

Does your husband/partner take control of the remote? I find I can be watching a programme, turn my head for a second and wham! we are on another channel! If I leave the room, god knows how many channels have been flipped.

Does anyone else suffer from this apparently male tv domination problem?

Lisa

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely. He gathers up the remotes and if I want to watch something, does he hand them over? No I have to tell him so that he can operate the remote! His other trick is to insist football or something else of no consequence is put on, and then fall asleep. If I creep across and get said remotes to turn over, he wakes up and says, "I was watching that".
Shame divorce is so expensive and murder is illegal.
mel

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
To Lisa and Mel -
From a male who doesn't often get near the remote control, here's a tip that works.....
pop into your local Tesco/Asda and buy youself a universal remote for as little as £5, *** back home while he's still at work, set it up and hide it under a cushion.
Next time he switches channels you can discretely switch it straight back and enjoy hours of fun watching his frustration!
Worked for me - SWMBO soon got the message but it was hilarious watching her slap the remote screaming "Whats up with this
bleeding thing".............

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
Absolutely. He gathers up the remotes and if I want to watch something, does he hand them over? No I have to tell him so that he can operate the remote! His other trick is to insist football or something else of no consequence is put on, and then fall asleep. If I creep across and get said remotes to turn over, he wakes up and says, "I was watching that".
Shame divorce is so expensive and murder is illegal.
mel

OMG!! Are you sure we're not actually married to the same man?

Lisa

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Well my other half not only grabs the remote - he finds something he WANTS to watch and within 5 mins is asleep. When I march across the room and take it away he prompty wakes up and says he "is listening and only has his eyes closed!" Whats with all the snoring then?

Ann

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
LMH said:
OMG!! Are you sure we're not actually married to the same man?

Lisa

Wish we were, then we'd only have to put up with him for half the week each!!
mel

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i feel that i must defend the men here. what really occurs is that you women change the chanel but within 5 mins either

pick up a magazine and read that, then look up and ask " whats just happened ? ", " why did they do that?" " i missed that bit , i was on the phone to my sister "

and then say " i was watching that" as we take back control .
plus i have news for you
Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders, House Nanny, The Hotel Inspector...... Its not real, its pretend.

Now ,Top Gear, thats real, Foootbal is real, Anything on Discovery is real, Tora Tora Tora is real , so is Starwars, Startrek and Doctor Who, The Dambusters, Battle of Britain,The Last Star Fighter, Scarface, Terminator(any). all real. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts