Kitchen waste storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
We have a Lunar Clubman SB and apart from two hooks by the door for plastic bags we have nowhere for the temporary storage of rubbish. We ideally need a receptacles for dirty waste and that for recycling.

How do others here cope?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dodger524 said:
We have a Lunar Clubman SB and apart from two hooks by the door for plastic bags we have nowhere for the temporary storage of rubbish. We ideally need a receptacles for dirty waste and that for recycling.

How do others here cope?

I know what you mean, we have a rubbish bag holder that dismantles and sits in the awning. If the awning isn't up we just use small bin liner and hang it from the wardrobe door handle. Recycling stuff tends to get taken out regularly after breakfast, or super. Surprised that the designers haven't provided us with an app to do this job :evil:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
If we haven't got the awning up then we use a small bag inside beside the door, where we would just put the rubbish and take it out when the bag gets filled but if we do have the awning up we have a small swing bin that some may use in the house what is about 2ft high with a standard black bin liner in . Just keep that in the locker at the back of the caravan.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our caravan has a small door mounted bin that we put swing bin liners into.
We can fit a days worth of kitchen waste into the door bin so we just put a new bin liner in when we empty the bin after supper.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have the bin in the door but that is for general waste. Given the dimensions of a caravan trying to find room to sort kitchen waste could be a problem, but I cannot remember a site that took it. With things like cardboard cans and bottles we just put it in the bins as soon as possible after it is discarded.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have a door mounted drop fronted, waste bin, and a two foot high bin in the awning or just outside for recylable tins and bottles. .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We just use the door bin to store carrier bags, we use the carriers for the waste and have a rule that if you are heading in the vacininity of the bins, or on the way to the loo or shower, you take a bag of trash with you. Simples.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
We just use the door bin to store carrier bags, we use the carriers for the waste and have a rule that if you are heading in the vacininity of the bins, or on the way to the loo or shower, you take a bag of trash with you. Simples.

Our loo and shower are at the back of the van, (on the inside) but I know what you mean. :p

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Never yet used the shower in any of our caravans and walking to the khazi is the only exercise I get these days so its all good.

Beats going into the bush with a trenching tool.................just!

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
It is also important to store them safely for a temporary period before they are moved to a recycling plant and/or final disposal facilities.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Our van has a bin on the door for non recyclable waste and a box or bag in in the awning for clean recyclables. Many sites seem to have recycling bins these days. The wine bottles I sneak to the on site recycling bin under cover of darkness. Otherwise it is the Walk of Shame 😳
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our van has a bin on the door for non recyclable waste and a box or bag in in the awning for clean recyclables. Many sites seem to have recycling bins these days. The wine bottles I sneak to the on site recycling bin under cover of darkness. Otherwise it is the Walk of Shame 😳
mel
But we still hear you drop them in.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
mel

I think that this post will likely be my most memorable posts of 2021 :ROFLMAO:.

Thank you Mel 🙌

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The main objective of the temporary storing of wastes is to collect them in a licensed facility.
It is also important to store them safely for a temporary period before they are moved to a recycling plant and/or final disposal facilities.
I'm not sure why a 4 year old thread has been resurrected in order to obsess about something that's the responsibility of site owners, not temporary visitors.
The resurrection of very old threads is known as necro posting and it's against the forum guidelines.
If you feel that you really must discuss licenced waste disposal you should start a new topic.
A word of warning.
The first hint of advertising or a link to a commercial businesses will incur a forum ban.
This thread is therefore locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts