Kojack lite

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Good morning. I see Homestead are advertising the new Kojack lite jack. Has anyone fitted one yet and if so , are you pleased with it. Henry.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Henry, I just got the Kojack Lite. Its a nice compact piece of kit but don't be taken in by the idea that you can level the van using the levels on the frame attachment brackets. Just fitted it over the weekend to my new Bailey Pageant Champagne and you just can't see the levels to check them. I'm still glad I got it as its a more reliable method of jacking up the van if you need to change the wheel (caravanned for 25 years now and no punctures ... yet) and as a backup in case I can't get the Lockloy Leveller under the wheel if the ground is very soft. I'm very dubious if you can level the van by using the jack and then packing something under the wheel but I'll have a play with that one day I expect. Cheers Mike

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Henry, I just got the Kojack Lite. Its a nice compact piece of kit but don't be taken in by the idea that you can level the van using the levels on the frame attachment brackets. Just fitted it over the weekend to my new Bailey Pageant Champagne and you just can't see the levels to check them. I'm still glad I got it as its a more reliable method of jacking up the van if you need to change the wheel (caravanned for 25 years now and no punctures ... yet) and as a backup in case I can't get the Lockloy Leveller under the wheel if the ground is very soft. I'm very dubious if you can level the van by using the jack and then packing something under the wheel but I'll have a play with that one day I expect. Cheers Mike
Thanks Mike. I didn't think the spirit levels on the brackets would be much use, I'll stick to what I have used for the last 25 years. One spirit level sits on the shelf in front of the chest of drawers held with 2 little blobs of blue tack where I can see it from outside for levelling side to side and the second, a (Lambelevel) is fixed outside at the front of the near side wall. I will have to ring round a bit more, none of the caravan accessory shops in Northern Ireland have them in stock yet.

Henry

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
The skin on my scraped knuckles will soon heal I expect. Spent more hours today than I expected fitting the Kojack Lite brackets to our Indiana. Bought it from Camping and General on Canvey Island for seventy quid. Looks like an easy job - just use the existing predrilled holes........except that the pre-drilled holes are already occupied by the factory fitted Alko jack brackets. So remove them. Hmmm - they had been fitted by a gorilla with far more torque in his arms than Tony Blair's after dinner speeches. Next problem - impossible to get at the bolts on near side without removing spare wheel. Needed the practice anyway - now I know that should I ever need to remove the spare in earnest there is not a snowball's chance if the puncture is nearside! Less problem on the other side - just a pity the waste pipes conveniently prevent access to the bolt brackets! Never mind, job done, lessons learned, can't wait to get off for the weekend, and rest of summer.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
meldrew

You have found what i and others have, the alko carrier is a pain. Not to mention the tyre and wheel gets covered in grime.

I took mine off, and put the wheel in the front locker, now i can test its tyre pressure and remove it for the winter.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Yes they are overpriced, but the jack appears to have two pistons, judging from the picts i've seen.

So it can't be compared to a normal single piston jack.

This i presume will give the lifting height required to get under the chassis when the tyre is flat, but still give enough lift to fit a good tyre.

I had thought about making a couple of L brackets to use my existing bottle jack, but the brackets will require painting.

The spirit levels were always a gimmick.

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, as been said fitting brackets was a pain, because of alko spare wheel carrier. However quite pleased with it, paint finish was a bit thin I thought, and by plastic case was broken (inside skin of blow-moulded shell), its because of not enough room for the 3 pieces of tube used to work the jack. Phoned Waudby's and Purpleline, still waiting for replacement case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts