kojack

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi , has anyone got or tried the ojack leveller if so is it any good , worth the money and will it fit a 2008 BPW chassis

Thanks

Trev

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes used a Kojack for levelling my twin axle. I find it easier than running up ramps. I jack the van a little higher than required to level it, this allows for the suspension to settle back to its normal position.I have a few square blocks cut to size which are pushed under each wheel.The jack lifts my 1600Kg van with ease.

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
http://www.ukcampsites.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=161
According to the above link it fits both Alko and BPW

I have one and it fits my X Trail as well

It also goes in the jack space in the X Trail after removing the car padding but needs a small block underneath to attain the correct height

Its very easy to use but I think that the spirit levels for levelling are a bit optimistic rather than practical

You need to get on the ground to ensure its properly in the bracket or it can slip out if not located correctly

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Is the product suitable for leaving in place whilst the van is in use or is it just to lift the van then place blocks under the wheels ?.

I cant see the point for a single axle as they are so easy to level anyway but a twin is quite difficult so the jack could have a use for this application, of course you would need to be very wary of the jacks limits why they advertise that the jack is capable of lifting vans up to 2000 kgs then state in the smaller print that the static limit is only 1360 kgs is beyond me.

The info below is direct from the kojack sales literature.

Suitable for caravans with a maximum gross weight of 2000kg

Specifications:

Max. Static Load 1360kg

Min. Height 125mm

Max. Height 380mm

Scissor Jack Total Length 410mm

Net Weight 8.5kg

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Is the product suitable for leaving in place whilst the van is in use or is it just to lift the van then place blocks under the wheels ?.

I cant see the point for a single axle as they are so easy to level anyway but a twin is quite difficult so the jack could have a use for this application, of course you would need to be very wary of the jacks limits why they advertise that the jack is capable of lifting vans up to 2000 kgs then state in the smaller print that the static limit is only 1360 kgs is beyond me.

The info below is direct from the kojack sales literature.

Suitable for caravans with a maximum gross weight of 2000kg

Specifications:

Max. Static Load 1360kg

Min. Height 125mm

Max. Height 380mm

Scissor Jack Total Length 410mm

Net Weight 8.5kg
Thanks for your help I have a single axle so i will give it a miss and save

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its well within its limit as it only lifts one side of the van with at least half the van weight shared by the other wheel and the car towball if left hitched as instructed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts