La Grande Metairie Near Carnac

Jan 23, 2007
Visit site
Going to this site in 3 weeks any one been their?

Whats it like?

Is their any fishing? is it any good?

Are their any good local bars?

What is the near by beach like?

Is their any local night life as my 22 and 17 year old sons are coming with.

And one more we are geting the ferry to Le Harve roughly how long should it take me to get their from Le Harve

G

Good Castels site with plenty of shaded pitches and great pool complex.

Carnac in recent years has become more or less pedestianised, and is alive and jumpng in the evening with cafe society and great places to eat.The beach's are sandy and protected from rougher seas by the Quiberon Peninsula which provides great waters for wind and kite surfing.

Carnac and La Trinite are homes to some of the best sailing in France.

Clubs in Carnac attract the likes of David Guetta (our long lost sons pal) and others so your kids should be fine and their are an abundance of bars.

Just over 250 miles I think and about 5 hours at a stady speed.

If you cant find some good fishing in the area I would

give in ;-) Euro

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Good Castels site with plenty of shaded pitches and great pool complex.

Carnac in recent years has become more or less pedestianised, and is alive and jumpng in the evening with cafe society and great places to eat.The beach's are sandy and protected from rougher seas by the Quiberon Peninsula which provides great waters for wind and kite surfing.

Carnac and La Trinite are homes to some of the best sailing in France.

Clubs in Carnac attract the likes of David Guetta (our long lost sons pal) and others so your kids should be fine and their are an abundance of bars.

Just over 250 miles I think and about 5 hours at a stady speed.

If you cant find some good fishing in the area I would

give in ;-) Euro
Colin

We stayed on this site last August.Huge commercial site.Facilities were v guood,Excellent pools and the kids loved the zip lining..BUT There were too many static mobiles and static tents and tourers were put in between.We hated the site.The pub and the games room were like a zoo.Also the football area was too far from the nearest pitch.On one of the nights a group of teenagers(I wont say where they were from)..they wernt French kicked all the doors off ALL the toilet and shower cubicles.Our pitch was fully serviced and big enough for us but if they offered us twice the size free now i`d say no.Far too commercial and far too many English.

However on the good side the area surrounding the site was FAB.Carnsc is Beautifil.Beautiful beaches and resturaunts.The standing stones were something else.

That was our experience,many others Im sure had a good one there but as far as we are concerner Carnac is beautiful but Le Grande Matarie is a definite No No.

BTW we werw on a site in Angles further south, the site wsa much better and was less than half the price.

Where ever you go Colin you will be out of this s**** weather

Best of luck

JB

Jul 12, 2007
Visit site
A word of warning as you leave the port at Le Harve KEEP TO THE RIGHT lane till you get out of Le Harve on the left hand lane are chains with metal bars hanging down that will smack the roof and do not go under the under passes. This advice was given to me by a van driver

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts