La Yole, St Jean de Monts

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
We are taking our first trip to France, we have 2 kids 3 & 6. We have left it too late to book La Garangeoire which would have been our first choice, but La Yole is still available.

Any thoughts on this site very welcome.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We stayed at this site a few years ago although this was Whitsun time which is low season in France and the site was half empty. It was however a nice site with a clean pool complex. I think it will be a good site for your age children. There is a decent play area towards the rear of the site on the right hand side and the better pitches are around this area too. On the left hand side the pitches have too much shade for my liking however in July / August it may be a god-send. The beach at St Jean de Mont is perfect for the children to play on and I am sure it is large enough to cater for many.

Mar 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo.

We stayed on this site last summer for 10 days, and it was fab.

We had a full service pitch right at the back of the site which is the newest part, and the toilets etc in that area are new too of course.

The pool is fabulous, clean and just a very nice area with the bar/restaurant adjacent to it.

We were shown to our allocated pitch on arrival of course, however we were not completely happy with that one and were able to spend time and pick a pitch of our own choice which was very good.

Turn left out the gate and travel for a couple of hundred yards to the shops bars and beach.

The beach front in St Jean de Monts is truly spectacular, just wonderful sand for miles and miles, with lots of parking on the promenade.

There is a good choice of supermarkets here as well. This is a very touristy area though with not that much to "interest" you if you know what I mean, but if it is sun sand etc you seek you will love it.

The Vendee is in its own micro climate and we had wonderful weather the whole time we were there - stock up on the sun tan lotion - it gets really hot.

We are off to Brittany this year for a wee change, but may well venture down as far as the Vendee again for the weather if need be.

Have a fabulous holiday.

James n Yang

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
La Yole was the first site we ever stayed at, anywhere, back in 1985, in a Eurocamp tent. The fact that we are still camping and caravanning 25 years later must tell you something about how much we enjoyed the experience. The site has, I know, been much 'improved' since then, but the beach and the surrounding area are much what they were - perfect for a family holiday. As two oldies, it is not an area we would probably think of visiting, but for a much needed family holiday it was all we could have asked for and more.

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jo,

back from La Yole just today!

Excellent though we are in an older age group. Pitches at rear are bigger/quieter and nearer the play area. Great beaches close by , touristy in Le Mouette but great for the little ones. Hot do take shade on beach.

hope this helps

Sheila

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts