Lack of Information on Sales Websites

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I would retreat indoors from the heat and had look at some caravan sales websites. There are the general ones such as Autotrader, Caravan finder etc then dealer specific ones. It is astonishing how many only provide limited information. Amongst my basic starting requirements are overall length (will it go on the drive) MIRO and MTPLM ( is there adequate payload and will the car tow it). So many of them require you to contact the sellers website. Clearly they see this as the start of a fruitful relationship. For me it's turn off.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Nowadays, apart from the specifications and history, it is so so easy to provide a video and lots of photos. If the vendor is too lazy to do so I move on elsewhere.

John

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you really want it you can google the model and you should get the information but at the same time it is very poor practice not to add this although most people are not selling caravans on a regular basis. I do wonder if this might be a clue to scams though, as this is something the scammer might be clued up on.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Agree but most people and dealers advertise on the websites which do have some or many filter options. So it wouldn’t be difficult to have such details ready to input. As fir dealers they should be aware of these facets but many are just sheer unprofessional. One in Gloucestershire though is excellent in the “ up front” key information.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts