Ladder for cleaning duties

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Afternoon All,

Please could somebody recommend an exterior ladder for cleaning duties?

Whilst our motorhome has a built in ladder affording access to the roof, I want to avoid walking or kneeling on the roof as much as possible.

I am currently looking towards either a telescopic ladder or one that comes in four sections joined together - so you can use it either as a normal ladder or open it out and use it as a platform ladder. The latter sounds more practicle.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Graham,

I read your article couple days ago and as a result am contemplating a 'Big Red Foot' ladder. The larger of the two models would suit my needs better, but could do without the 25kg weight..............

Regards

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Ukjon said:
Thanks Graham,

I read your article couple days ago and as a result am contemplating a 'Big Red Foot' ladder. The larger of the two models would suit my needs better, but could do without the 25kg weight..............

Regards
My Big Red Foot is the larger model. The weight isn't an issue for me because the ladder lives in the garage at home and isn't carried in the van :)
If I were to choose between that and the stepladder, though, I would go for the stepladder. I appreciate, though, that it very much depends on individual circumstances.

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Morning Graham,

Do you have issue with the 'Big Red Foot' when it is configured as a step ladder, or is your preference for just a stepladder based on being able to carry one with you in your motorhome?

I guess in an ideal would it would be best to have both!

Thanks

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Morning Jon

I didn't mean to mislead - I carry neither ladder in the van :)
My preference for the stepladder is because it is taller, meaning I can reach all of the roof more easily.
The Big Red is a bit more convenient for doing the side walls (and certainly made it easier to clean the Luton on our previous van) but I can reach all other parts of our current van from the stepladder with care.

I agree about the ideal being to have both - one reason I bought Big Red in the first place :)

Graham

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Evening Graham,

Ordered a 'Big Red Foot' this afternoon. Hopefully it will be all the ladder I will need to clean our motorhome. The blurb states the stepladder config has height of 2.3m, which is 50mm less than the height of our motorhome - so it should be tall enough.

If not will take a leaf out of your book and look for a taller second hand alloy step ladder - but fingers crossed I will not need it.

Thanks for your advice

Regards

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hope it works well for you Jon.
Even if you need a stepladder as well the Big Red also has other uses, being so configurable. I even did some re-pointing on our (single storey) kitchen roof once :)

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts