Lady's Mile or Sites in Dorset - any views?

Jan 29, 2007
Visit site
Have been to Lady's Mile in Dawlish a long time ago but would welcome views of people who've been in last year or so.

Also tinker with the idea of Dorset each year but what do you do with the children there? Web info for there never looks too inspiring apart from fossil hunting on the beaches.

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello D

We went to Ladys mile last year.

The park was excellent the facilities were good (nice outdoor and indoor pools with slides)

We were there the week before the schools down south broke up.The shower block near us was very clean and tidy.

The week after that the park was packed almost full.I heard a few complaints about ather shoer/toilet blocks,which I think were only temperary,but ours were stll very tidy even with alot more caravans on site.

The only problem we encountered was they employ alot of Dutch people so at times there was a slight language problem.

All in all it was one of the best sites we have been to and i would visit again.

Jan 29, 2007
Visit site
Hello D

We went to Ladys mile last year.

The park was excellent the facilities were good (nice outdoor and indoor pools with slides)

We were there the week before the schools down south broke up.The shower block near us was very clean and tidy.

The week after that the park was packed almost full.I heard a few complaints about ather shoer/toilet blocks,which I think were only temperary,but ours were stll very tidy even with alot more caravans on site.

The only problem we encountered was they employ alot of Dutch people so at times there was a slight language problem.

All in all it was one of the best sites we have been to and i would visit again.
Thanks for that. It's good to hear an up to date viewpoint

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Went to ladys mile for a week last summer and never again we turned into what looked like an industrial estate and were put in the overspill area at the top of the site and got infested with ants also the caravan got a daily covering of dust and was surrounded by tents i would recommend peppermint park in dawlish itself

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
Hello

Went to Ladys Mile for a week two weeks ago and had a brilliant time, plenty to do for the children with an indoor and outdoor pool, games room, play area etc. Showers and toilets were spotless and cleaned regularly when we were there and the staff were very friendly, but it can get a bit crowded in high season.

We,ve been coming to Ladys Mile ever since our children were little and they,re teenagers now and they still enjoy comming here.

G

Hi D,

Can't comment on the Dawlish site as we've not been there (yet).

Last year we stayed at Highlands End holiday park near Bridport in Dorset. It was the Welsh half term which was a week later than England and it was superb, beautiful facilities with unbelievable views over the coast. As far a childrens entertainment was concerned we did Monkey World, the Tank Museum, SeaLife as well as the fossil hunting and beach walks.

We love Dorset and plan to do something similar this year. I hope our experiences have helped!

Simon and Sally

G

HI SIMON DID YOU COME ACROSS A SITE CALLED FRESHWATERBEACH WHILE YOU WERE IN THE bRIDPORT AREA??
Hi Anthony,

Can't say the name rings any bells. Have you been there? If so please let us know your thoughts, we're always on the lookout for new places to go.

Regards,

Simon and Sally

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Packed like sardines in a can, that's all I can say about Lady's Mile. It was Summer Holidays but I have never seen Caravans pitched so close in 14 yrs of touring.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Packed like sardines in a can, that's all I can say about Lady's Mile. It was Summer Holidays but I have never seen Caravans pitched so close in 14 yrs of touring.
PS: By the way about Dorset, plenty to do around Weymouth and Poole area, just check web. of both towns for nearby attractions, my kids love it there (age 12 & 14).

MM1

Oct 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi I havent actually stayed at Lady mile but have stayed at coften country.... From what I remember we had a good time... We are going to the Dorset coast in a few weeks and havent been before...

If you go to www.perbeck.gov.uk or www.swanage.gov.uk you can request a holiday guide which I have found very usefull.

Hope this helps

M&M

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Someone said its got too big and i think they are spot on,It used to be great and out of the school hols its good we went in the Midlands fortnight( last week July first week august) and it was chaos noisy idiots at one in the morning,footballs bikes crowded messy toilets and showers its good for kids and you might put up with the fualts for them but its not for us.

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi D

We stayed at Golden Sands last year which is just next door to Ladys Mile. Indoor/outdoor pool. Good food and excellent entertainement (and bingo !) at nights. We were at Swanage 2 yrs ago - Ulwell Cottage I think it was called. Lovely area and nice site with indoor pool, but nothing much else to do at night for children. Dawlish was ok but had to travel a bit to get a decent supermarket.

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi D,

Unlike Anthony we were fortunate just to call in last August while staying at Torquay and have a look around.The following description seamed apt for this site " If there's a gap fill it, no more big gaps". If you do go and need to use your car, don`t be suprised to find another Caravan parked in your vacant car space. Not for me this one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
D. you do not say how old the children are. We stay at Pear Tree Farm in Sandford. Excellent site but very little there for older children, playground area with swings etc. for the younger child. Village pub just a few hundred yards down the road which do excellent food and cater for children. Site is spotless with excellent toilet/shower facilities and is very quiet and peaceful for us "older" generation. Site is also very central for Swanage, Poole, etc. and very reasonable site fees.

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello again D

Some of the replies here say that you are packed in and not much room.

The pitch we stayed on was clearly marked out and there was plenty room for caravan,awning,car and still enough room for a bbq,table and chairs and kids.

The shower block was spotless. Our second week there the site was full there was alot of caravans and tents but that didn't change anything, yes you had to queue longer for things but it was July.

The field we were on was passed the play area up towards the dog walk area near to the shower block.

Will

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts