Lake District

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
I know this will have been asked before so i appologise but we are looking for a caravan site near windermere for mayday bank holiday weekend and was wondering if any one can recommend a good queit clean site for us near the lake would be nice.

Thank you all in advance

Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

You could try c&cc site in Keswick it is right on Derwent Water nice clean site and only a couple of mins walk to the town . Hope this helps .. Ben

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Andrew

If you want to stay near the lake, try Fallbarrow Park. You will proberbly be luckey to get in now for any bank holiday but its worth a try. They park is closed at the moment but the reception is open.

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi, you could also try Castlerigg Hall just outside Keswick approx 1 mile up hill towards Ambleside, lovely terraced site, most pitches are fully serviced hardstanding and have great views over derwent water and the surrounding fells, we had a great time here last year and look forward to going back, only snag was that the main toilet and shower block, although nice and modern was not always as clean as I hoped but thats maybe just me being picky. log on at www.castlerigg.co.uk

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
The nicest site in Windermere in my opinion is Limefitt, which is best described as manicured. Stunning park which doesn't entertain any tomfoolery. Downside is the road up to it is narrow with a high stone wall each side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts