Lakeland Haven

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
John,

I have stayed there for a few days but it was a good number of years ago so it may have changed a lot (hopefully).

The touring area was a large flat field with one rather old toilet/shower block in the middle. The pitches were not marked out, pitch where you like basically. We went mid week, leaving on the Saturday. All week the field was practically empty, came the Friday the outfits started to pour in, I'm sure it was a bank holiday week end. Fortunately we were ptched at the edge of the feild as the vans and tents in the centre were parked so close that there was no way some could get out without a neighbour moving.

The touring facilities were, in my view, not up to standard and we never went back. Pity as it was handy for sight seeing, close to Holker Hall (sure that's the right name), and not too far from the Lakes

Please remember though this was at least 12 years ago, bound to have changed since then.

Robert

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Bound to have changed John. Hope you enjoy yourselves, would be interested to hear your views on the site after you get back home.

When are you going?

Robert

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi - we stayed here in 2007, I am afraid to say it hasn't changed. The description given already pretty much sums it up. This was the very first site that we stayed at we paid

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
We booked 12 nights in October 07, and stayed only 3 - the place was awful and you felt like they werent really interested in the touring side only in selling you a static.

The field was very unkept, with many 'seasonal' vans with awnings falling down, there was no hot water in the showers - we did report this but was told its near the end of the season. There were broken seats in the ladies showers, broken lights and moldy ceilings. It had been wet and there was a lot of mud around - infact it was impossible to pitch and avoid the mud.

I do hope it has changed as its a lovely area to explore.

TRENDING THREADS