Landal Green Parks Sonnenberg

Apr 29, 2006
Visit site
We have just spent a week in Sonnenberg, which is on the Mosel Valley in Germany.

Its a good site, situated 4 km above Leiwen, up a winding road (not for the faint-hearted). Although you can't see the view from the caravan pitches there is a marvellous view from the deerpark at the top of the site.

Pitches are medium size, part terraced. The site is commercial although not overpoweringly so. There is an indoor swimming pool, play area for children, indoor sports hall and bar/restaurant.

Although it rained every day (although not all day) I would certainly go back there, even if the weather was the same. The German people were really nice and so was the wine!!

Can anyone recommend any other German sites?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
To be honest, I purposely didn't reply as yet because one may think I'm biased. Besides, there are so many campsites fairly evenly distributed throughout a relatively large country, that it's difficult to make specific recommendations without at least narrowing the selection down to certain areas. Popular, of course, are the Moselle and Rhine valleys, the Black Forest and Bavaria but there are lots of other nice parts of the country that are less well known to guests from abroad. Just let me know roughly where you'd like to go and whether you are looking more for a sightseeing holiday or whether you prefer the seaside, lakes, mountains or whatever, and I'd try to come up with a suggestion.

Apr 29, 2006
Visit site
Lutz,

Thanks for replying. To be quite honest, at the moment we are not sure what we are looking for. We were just so impressed with the cleanliness of the country and the friendliness of the people. We are not particularly sporty, hence my permanent membership to Weightwatchers. Nice countryside and not forgetting an available source of rotwein. With 2 kids aged 12 and 14 some kind of 'entertainment' on the site is always helpful, maybe swimming pool or something to keep them occupied.

Anita

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Anita

A couple of years ago we did the "Romantic Road" see www.romanticroad.com.

We stayed at sites along the way, taking a week to travel the approx 200 miles length from Wurtzburg to Fussen, and i have got to say it was one of the best holidays ever.

Final site was www.camping-bannwaldsee.de which is within site of the "Castle Neuschwanstein" a stunning site on the banks of a large lake.

I found the German people the nicest and most welcoming I have ever known and would noy hesitate in recommending this area

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Anita

A couple of years ago we did the "Romantic Road" see www.romanticroad.com.

We stayed at sites along the way, taking a week to travel the approx 200 miles length from Wurtzburg to Fussen, and i have got to say it was one of the best holidays ever.

Final site was www.camping-bannwaldsee.de which is within site of the "Castle Neuschwanstein" a stunning site on the banks of a large lake.

I found the German people the nicest and most welcoming I have ever known and would noy hesitate in recommending this area
sorry.... Sight not Site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anita

Germany is probably one of the most under rated countries for Brits to visit with their caravan, although perhaps not this year!!! We have been there several times, the most recent was last year. I have put a lot of information on my website www.caravantravels.co.uk if you would like to have a look.

David

Apr 29, 2006
Visit site
David,

Have just had a quick look at your website. Looks absolutely fantastic, some great pictures. I've saved it to Favourites and I'll have a good look at it when I've finished the gardening (probably be October then). I'm sure it will come in very useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts