landcruiser colerado

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone out there tow with a 3.0ltr diesel colerado?If so I would be interested to here what you think about the car,especially the ride quality when under load.Been told that the early ones were recalled for suspension problems but local main dealers seem to disagree!any info recieved with thanks....mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

I tow with a Colerado, its a 2000 model 3ltr manual. My previous car was a 2.5ltr Discovery which, at the time, I thought was the best towcar ever. My longest haul was last year to France with my mate who has a 2.8ltr Shogun. Compared to the Discovery it felt like I had a vehicle with two engines!! The Landcruiser does not run out of "puff" on long inclines when towing a heavy van the power is there all the time and Ive never felt it struggle at all. Lots of times last year I had to ease off a bit to let my mate catch up when we started hitting "incline land". But importantly, the power is always there when you need it which is very reassuring. The ride quality is great, you are not troubled by anything really, probably something to do with the weight and sheer power of the thing. Fast coaches on the motorway passing you (as they do !!) are not a problem either, stable all the way.Which, incidently, was not a luxury I had with the Dicovery......theres more bells and whistles on the Landcruiser too !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark,

I had a 2002,3.0L D4D colorado and you will have no trouble. There is plenty of power and comfort does not suffer. It beats land rover equivelents by a long way.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Shane,thanks for your reply.My Colerado is a 1998 model,and I must say that I agree totally with your comments as I too have towed with many 4x4's and found stability and lugging ability second to non.My only concern is that I find the rear suspension quite harsh when towing or loaded.There doesn't seem to be much in the way of suspension travel,yet the very nature of 4x4's states otherwise! how does yours cope with the typical "B roads" when towing?wondering if I got a problem with mine?cheers......mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts