landrover 110, brake system light

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have got the red brake system light come on. Is it the brake regulating valve thats gone, if so were is it. Its hard to find. I have checked the fluid level thats ok, brake work the same has before. Has anyone had this happen to them!!!!

john the painter

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello John The red warning light is for brake fluid level and handbrake "On" warning.Have you physically removed the master cylinder cap to check the fluid level? Are you sure that the handbrake is completely off? Has the handbrake microswitch worked loose?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi laurie w. I have 2 lights. hand brake one is maked (P) when lit up, this goes out. The other one is Marked (!)this one stays on. I have checked the level and its ok

john the painter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

I think you will find the sensor for fluid level is just in from of the brake fluid reservoir. If you have a bad connection here it would probably show up as the warning light you have.

Try unplugging the connector giving at a clean and replacing. Also try having someone watching the dash light as you hold the connector fully "home".

I found this to be the problem once an cured it by pulling the connector on tight with a cable tie.

If this is not the problem DO GET IT CHECKED OUT!

Two and a bit tons of unbreaked 110 could ruin someones day!

Hope it is something simple - usually is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Again

Just had a chat with a guy with a Discovery who said that he had a weeping brake line that was slowly emptying the brake flud reservoir and that at first glance he thought the reservoir was still full but in fact the front part looked full as this is the fail safe part of the dual circuit braking system. On closer inspection the main reservoir was very low and so his warning light was doing its job - Bless it!!

A check of the brake lines revealed several bits that were corroded which once replaced - no further problem.

But if in doubt - do get it checked out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, john the painter here,It turned out to be the brake pedel switch and the relay in the panel behind the gear stick. All the pads and piprs were ok. So not to bad. town and country landrover of leamington spa did the work. Not a bad cost only

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hi all, john the painter here,It turned out to be the brake pedel switch and the relay in the panel behind the gear stick. All the pads and piprs were ok. So not to bad. town and country landrover of leamington spa did the work. Not a bad cost only

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts