LANDROVER FREELANDER WHEEL BEARING NOISE

Oct 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a wheel bearing type noise on a t reg freelander,ihave been told its not bearings(or even axle)but to change my rear tyres,and this will cure the problem--does this sound right???,and would this effect MPG as this seems very poor.help needed please(before i start shouting at dealer i bought it from)Thank you---darren

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Darren,

Obviously I can't comment on your specific noise, but I have noted that different tyres do affect the amount and type of noise you can hear in the cabin of most vehicles. equally the road surface can make a big difference. so it is quite possible that the noise you think is bearng could be tyre related.

If you have had your bearings checked by a qualified engineer then give him/her some credit for their experience and opinion.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Very common, Goodyear Wranglers are particularly bad at this, it is to do with the IRD unit, later ones were fine but earlier ones have a problem. You can change the IRD for a newer one, but most people swap the tyres around. Basically the tyres have a stepped shape rather than round. I found Perelli Scorpions were less prone to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts