Lane Keep Assistance System- Yes or No?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
When I did two driving course with Wiltshire police that was the advice. Having lived in Devon and Cumtria I’m well versed on country druving and tend to be quite aware that around the bend may be cyclist,, horse rider, broken down vehicle as well as Farmer Giles. Just because the limit may be 60 mph there’s no reason to drive to it when I don’t think it appropriate.
Who said anything about driving at 60mph! When I am driving around here, I rarely go above 30, let alone 60! I have just got back from taking the dog out, I have had to pull in, or slow right down for 7 horses, one group of 4.

I am talking about country lanes, proper country lanes, something you should be well versed in. You do NOT drift to the centre on a left hand bend, especially this time of the year before the hedges have been flailed……NEVER!

I don’t care how many driving courses a person has done, or who they have done it with, it hardly makes them a better driver in ALL environments. As for reversing skills and perception of space and width……….OMG, you really do want to see what I see daily. 😳

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Who said anything about driving at 60mph! When I am driving around here, I rarely go above 30, let alone 60! I have just got back from taking the dog out, I have had to pull in, or slow right down for 7 horses, one group of 4.

I am talking about country lanes, proper country lanes, something you should be well versed in. You do NOT drift to the centre on a left hand bend, especially this time of the year before the hedges have been flailed……NEVER!

I don’t care how many driving courses a person has done, or who they have done it with, it hardly makes them a better driver in ALL environments. As for reversing skills and perception of space and width……….OMG, you really do want to see what I see daily. 😳
Wow!
As a motorcyclist since 16 and a fully qualified member of the IAM and others, the previous comments imo were given in good faith and with demonstrable credibility. Not just a wild opinion.

As explained it is all about achieving maximum visibility ,but only where it is safe to do so. So yes #24 and #21 are accurate.
Ie Maximise your view without playing Russian roulette. None of us are that stupid.
My parents lived in North Devon for 45 years so I am another who knows the back lanes well.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

In my post I said “country roads”.
Only comment is that proper country lanes rarely have white lines down the center so the action of Lane Departure is irrelevant. Where we lived in Dartmoor and Cumbria any attempt to move right for a left hand bend would see the side of the car scraping the hedge or bank. Vice versa

Reactions: Hutch
Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
In my post I said “country roads”.
Only comment is that proper country lanes rarely have white lines down the center so the action of Lane Departure is irrelevant. Where we lived in Dartmoor and Cumbria any attempt to move right for a left hand bend would see the side of the car scraping the hedge or bank. Vice versa
That Clive, is where the misunderstanding and interpretation lies. A country road to me does not have white lines at all.

Reactions: otherclive

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Re. The topic.

I have it on my Touareg. It just gives a very gentle "nudge" which I don't mind.
How useful? I don't know but it can't do any harm.
At worst it's an incentive to use the indicators as their use cancels the function then......and yes, I always indicate .... unless there's no one else around to see my signal.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts