Laptop issues

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Sam and I have done all the above. Thinking back, I do not have the issue when using email whether Outlook or Gmail, it is not present when typing on other forums or Facebook. I use FF browser and Win 11. Intially I did think it was me making a spelling mistake, but then when trying to correct it, despite pushing the correct key, the incorrect character would appear.

As mentioned earlier, if I get the incorrect character on this forum and then open a Word page and type, there is no issue. When I come back to the PC forum, no more issues.

Really weird that it only happens on this forum. For now I think I will just live with it as found a work around. (y) :)

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Sam and I have done all the above. Thinking back, I do not have the issue when using email whether Outlook or Gmail, it is not present when typing on other forums or Facebook. I use FF browser and Win 11. Intially I did think it was me making a spelling mistake, but then when trying to correct it, despite pushing the correct key, the incorrect character would appear.

As mentioned earlier, if I get the incorrect character on this forum and then open a Word page and type, there is no issue. When I come back to the PC forum, no more issues.

Really weird that it only happens on this forum. For now I think I will just live with it as found a work around. (y) :)
I don't really want to drag this issue out much longer but things like this intrigue me. So just one more question.

Are you doing all that you mention previously using only Firefox? That is you check Gmail, Outlook, Facebook and use Word all through Firefox. If so could it be that Firefox is the problem?

Have you tried all of the above using a different browser such as Chrome or Brave.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the input, it is appreciated. Not tried another browser as did not suspect the browser. No issue on Gmail, Outlook, FB etc but never used any through FF as no idea how to do that. I will see how it goes over the next few days as maybe fiddling has somehow cured the issue.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Spoke too soon as it happened now on the Jeep forum. Inputted character "y" and an "a" appeared. Will try another browser.

Also on this forum the "b" changed to a "w" so instead of "browser" I was getting "wrowser". :ROFLMAO:

Going into word and typing the affected character corrects the issue and no issue when I return to whichever forum there was a spelling issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts