Larger breadcrumbs for Firefox

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi PC Forum tech people,

I use Firefoxand there is an annoying problem with the breadcrumbs on the main pages. When I am navigating around the forum and I try to use the breadcrumbs (e.g. "Home » Forums » General" ) to jump back to a higher level I find that the active area is so small, and slightly low, that it takes me a while to get the mouse pointer to activate it. Strangely the breadcrumbs on this "Create Forum Topic" page that I am writing the post in are fine, but out in the main forum they are very elusive.

But when I try the same activities in IE there is not a problem. So it seems that there is something in the code that Firefox is interpreting differently on the main pages as compared to Firefox on the editing page and IE generally.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Mike A

JP1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Which version of Firefox are you using, Mike? I've tried the forum in Firefox 4 (the latest version) for both Mac and PC, and the breadcrumb trail looks normal.
If you're using an earlier version of the browser, there could well be an issue with the way in which it handles certain parts of the page. Upgrading to Firefox 4 will preserve all of your settings and your extensions wil be updated automatically, too.

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi JP,

It is Firefox 4.01 but I had the problem with the various Versions 3.x too. It is a strange problem - I have just been poking it and prodding it to see exactly where it is. There is no problem in the higher levels of the site - so if you are in the "forum" page it is fine, if you then select a category e.g. "Overseas parks & touring" , it is also fine. But when you then select a particular thread e.g. "Euro Tunnel to Le Mans" the breadcrumbs behave slightly differently. The full breadcrumb line is as follows -

Home » Forums » Overseas parks & touring
If you try to click on Home or Forums or the first few letters of Overseas the breadcrumb is not active until you are about 2 mm above it. But if you click on the "eas parks & touring" it is fine!

Wierd or what?

Thanks for the interest.

Mike A

JP1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hm, that's peculiar — I don't see the same thing with that forum. One thing to try (if you can be bothered — it's a bit of a palaver) is to create a new Firefox profile in case something has become corrupt in your existing one. If you have any Firefox add-ons installed, one could also be a potential cause for the text display glitch and a new profile will identify that.
Alternatively, you could just switch to Google Chrome — it's a *much* better web browser than Firefox...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts