Last outing for Abbey - Water advice?

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
I was so grateful to everyone who helped with our weight issues, and now we have lots of Caravans lined up to see next weekend. I am very taken by Adria, light weight and simplistic really appeals to me, but we are looking at a range including Bailey and Swift next weekend.
Anyway, in the mean time our 1991 shabby Abbey is back out of storage, and we are going away in her the weekend after next. We are thoroughly checking all the systems ( my partner is a Gas Safe heating engineer, and our mate an electrician so I am not worried about that) however, over the winter a mouse got into our lockup and into the caravan and died in the Bathroom!!!! I am quite paranoid about water safety and we always flush the system through with several barrels when she comes out of storage, (obviously we are not planning to drink it) but my question is, can we disinfect the water system with the stuff I use for my homemade beer and wine? I feel like I want to run the pump, fill the system, leave it overnight and then flush it through again. Is there special stuff for doing this with Caravans? What would you use? Thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are several options, one of which is the stuff you use for home brewing, Puriclean, or Milton.
Whatever you use follow the makers instructions and dilution and do not leave longer than advised.

With Milton you must use it diluted and leave it in no longer than 20 minutes.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No, not really.
A lot depends on the makers instructions , but certainly with Milton if you leave that in longer than 20 minutes it will attack the hot water boiler pot and eat through the metal.
Similarly if you spill neat Milton in the kitchen sink it will eat that too, hence the importance to dilute before use and keep away from everything else.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I found that Miltons leaves a taste, I take you are going to use the water for a brew, I always use Puriclean, you can leave that in for up to 12 hours, if you feel that's necessary. did the mouse die in the water system or just in the shower tray?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts