Latest craze - dogs in handbags - cruelty issue?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There was a story on the news this morning about the popularity of tiny dogs which can be carried in handbags.

I can't believe it's becomming acceptable to carry a small dog around in a handbag. To me, it's a form of cruelty.

What about the health implications from a dog not receiving adequate exercise?

A dog in a bag won't be utilizing its scenting marking instincts.

It might become unsociable towards other dogs due to it not being where it belongs - on the ground and it will be unable to interact with other dogs which might result in behavioural issues.

I truly can't believe this is acceptable.

Lisa

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Couldn`t agree more Lisa.

Now dogs AS handbags, well isn`t that the ultimate form of recycling when they`ve expired?

I`ve already earmarked our guinea pigs as headcovers for my new set of woods, and can see a great deal of interest on the golf course.

Maybe I`ve found that profitable niche at last? he he.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Couldn`t agree more Lisa.

Now dogs AS handbags, well isn`t that the ultimate form of recycling when they`ve expired?

I`ve already earmarked our guinea pigs as headcovers for my new set of woods, and can see a great deal of interest on the golf course.

Maybe I`ve found that profitable niche at last? he he.
LOL!!! I'm waiting for my rabbit to join the other bunnies in the sky because I've designed some firefighter helmet covers. Watch this space.

Lisa

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
We had a toy poodle but had to have her put down when she was 15.

In her last 12 months of life she could walk for about 10 mins. then had to be carried.

We decided the easiest way of doing this was to use an old rucksac, that I wore back to front & put her in the rucksac.

This was ideal as she never wanted to be left behind & was allways able to come away with us

May 25, 2005
Visit site
There can be extenuating circumstances, of course, like that of Graham's. However, as a general rule a dog is an animal and as such should be made to use their legs for their appropriate purpose. I agree with Lisa, this can amount to cruelty. Handbags, indeed!!! Whatever next?

Ann

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts