Latest offer from Camping Cheques

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Just had the latest from Camping cheques(which I know is now CC) and they are offering 'caravans go free'
Quote for Poole - Cherbourg return next May/June is about £327 with 3 cheques. Would have liked to have gone down to Santander/Bilbao but £1200 ferry price is too rich for me. We are planning to do Bergerac/Carcasson/Messanges over about 5 weeks. The extra 600 miles is the penalty for saving almost £800 on the ferry. Question is will I get a better offer if I hang on?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No way of telling if you will get a better offer later. It is worth searching the ferry timetables on-line and 'testing' various dates and routes. Generally mid week is cheaper than weekend and for Eurotunnel some times of day are very much cheaper than others. 00.00 to 06.00 if you can stand it but failing that around 10.00 inbound and around 16.00 outbound.

If you prefer the longer crossings and make more than one trip a year the Brittany Ferries 'Travel Club' can be attractive. There is an initial set up charge (one off) and an annual renewal fee, so you may only break even in year 1 but should be ahead of the game in subsequent years. Look on their website for details and do a few 'hypothetical' trips against the future timetables to see how it works out.

TRENDING THREADS