Laugh or cry?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kanga

8 Sep 2005 07:22 AM Mike I can understand yout point of view but look where tolerance has got us to in the world, we were tolerant of hitler, we were tolerant of al queda and just look at the mess we are in now.

4x4's are a global problem for all because they kill and injure the innocent much the same as a terrorist

Is it just me or has this guy totally lost it?

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive,

It sounds to me like this guy has been brainwashed, possibly by the terrorist group that he has mentioned. He is beyond any form of help and needs to be "sent to Coventry". Lets us all stick together and ignore his outrageous and derogatory comments.

For the record, I have owned both a Toyota Landcruiser which my wife could no longer get into very easily because of her disability and my current vehicle a BMW 330d Touring. Both of the vehicles perform admirably towing my caravan. They are totally different to drive and maintain but at the end of the day they both do the job I WANT THEM TO DO. Personal choice is what it is all about and I can thank my father and my grandfather for fighting two world wars to enable us all to have such a choice and freedom of speech. If this is his only concern and worry in life, then he's a lucky man and needs to get into the real world.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave - yes even I am coming round to the idea that it may be best to ignore him as logic and facts do not mean anything to him.

I very much appreciate and totaly agree with all that you said. Interestingly we have a similar problem in that my mother in law is severly disabled and can get into a car but cannot then get out. We had a Seat Ibiza which was a stunning car and a great for quick runs into town and excellent for the odd motorway journey - no good for towing of course.

Mother in law foung she could get into my old Range Rover and to her delight also simply step out of the seat onto the pavement without having to bend her back (she has a crushed vertebrae) - So we went out and bought a Freelander.

Been excelent in every way. And better than anything else in poor conditions with its ABS, Traction Control and when needed on wet fields (we had a horse) the Hill Descent Control.

I love BMW's and think Audis superb. So why does another choice of vehicle just because it is different to what some people think we should all have cause so much bitterness on a Forum where we must have far more in common than our diferences.

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave - yes even I am coming round to the idea that it may be best to ignore him as logic and facts do not mean anything to him.

I very much appreciate and totaly agree with all that you said. Interestingly we have a similar problem in that my mother in law is severly disabled and can get into a car but cannot then get out. We had a Seat Ibiza which was a stunning car and a great for quick runs into town and excellent for the odd motorway journey - no good for towing of course.

Mother in law foung she could get into my old Range Rover and to her delight also simply step out of the seat onto the pavement without having to bend her back (she has a crushed vertebrae) - So we went out and bought a Freelander.

Been excelent in every way. And better than anything else in poor conditions with its ABS, Traction Control and when needed on wet fields (we had a horse) the Hill Descent Control.

I love BMW's and think Audis superb. So why does another choice of vehicle just because it is different to what some people think we should all have cause so much bitterness on a Forum where we must have far more in common than our diferences.
Clive - I agree entirely with your comments. We all purchase our vehicles for different reasons. Our individual personal circumstances change from year to year and we then buy what we require at the time, but at a cost, (with the emphasis on cost!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts