LCD 15" portable telly covers during trasportation

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know in the past this subject has been aired, but for the life of me i cannot find it anywhere within this forum.

Just bought our first lcd 15.4 screen Grundig,reason for buying my back has become a bit sore laterly and lugging our old portable about which appears to weigh as much as me, where this LCD weighs about the same as a laptop.Do they sell specially made b ags that include the stand fitted, many thanks for any suggestions

Royston

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Guys for your quick responce, not having much joy at the moment, what with the vista programme stopping me from copy and paste like i used to with windows 98.

Brian, got the box out but its to narrow for the base of the telly.

Ray c I'm afraid i have never traded with ebay so thats a no no.

David & Lb went onto the Bags 4 everything website only to discover that the catalogs relating to Tv bags have been suspended, no further info.

Will pop along to our local PC store 5 mins drive this afternoon , remembering that they had a very large selection of bags there, we bought our laptop carry bag their for just under

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Royston

Like you, we have the Grundig 15.4" TV (picked up two weeks ago) and we keep it in the original box. You are correct saying that the TV + stand doesn't fit into the box. I just unclip the stand (BH gives a helping hand to steady the thing) and it all goes away, boxed, under the front cabinet. As it sits between the drop down door hinges and rests on top of the blown air ducting, the box hardly moves in transit! Cheap and cheerful fix for now, until I find something better that's not expensive.

John

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston

Now, I'll buy anything and I'll find any excuse to spend money but what we do is, wrap either a sleeping bag round the tv or wrap a duvet round the tv, we then lay it on the floor and secure it either side with something.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Royston

I forgot to say, using the above method protected the tv during quite a few trips over three years. However, the tv got broken (screen) whilst my daughter was using it in her bedroom. That's teenagers for you. So I'm looking round for another lcd.

Lisa

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Royston - I'm not normally mean, but would not spend good money on an expensive bag. We wrap ours in a small blanket/car rug and keep it under one of the front bed lockers for travelling. No probs!!

Keith

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well I did not get around to visiting PC world, Tomorrow morning seems okay.

Andrew not sure what you mean by a poodle cushion, and where did you get it for such a price.

John, i had awfull job fixing the stand on,never mind taking it off,frighten that i was going to break it,very solid when attatched.

LMH sounds good, something simular to a sleeping bag padded but on a smaller scale , so scared of scratching the screen, When traverling the Tv has always been in the rear passenger seat held in place with the seat belt.Wish they made them with a hinged lid like you get with laptop.

Royston

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Wrap it in something soft and place face up right in the corner of the front seat. Wedge it in with a scatter cushion placed against the central front chest and one behind it if necessary.

Have used this system for years and it never moves.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Royston

Do not fear - the bag of your dreams is not far away and does not cost as much as some prophets of doom may suggest....

I got the padded-do-it-all-made-for-the-job bag from Broad Lane for under

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm with LMH and Keith, we just put it in the plastic bag it came in and wrap it inside the duvet under the bunk. Safe ,secure and importantly, nothing except a poly bag to store when you've set up.

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm with LMH and Keith, we just put it in the plastic bag it came in and wrap it inside the duvet under the bunk. Safe ,secure and importantly, nothing except a poly bag to store when you've set up.
all i do is put it on the back seat screen into seat back and put the seat belt across it bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts