LCDTV

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi, before you ask, I know this isn't related to caravans but I bet someone out there has recently purchaced one.

I am looking for an LCD TV for my home. It will be the first one I have bought, but don't want to go down that familiar route of buying one, only to find out, it's out of date within a year.

Does anyone have an idea of which make/model of TV I should be looking for?

This leaves me with one problem though. How do I fit my old 28" CRT into the caravan?

Have put aside £1500 for the LCD.

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Tech

Key things to to think about:

Size, how much do you want to spend, if you want it future proof, you will want it High Definition ready.

Do you have any brand loyalty?

Go to a good retailer, lets say Currys (very good retailer, in fact the best electrical retailer in the UK, Mmmm bias, maybe I work for them)

View the TV, look at what you like, the specs will talk of definition and screen resolution, within a price bracket they will be much of a muchness.

Go to Google and ask for a LDC TV review or compare LCD Tvs.

You get what you pay for!!

Happy hunting

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Fouldsy, took a look in Currys and ended up buying the Samsung LE40R73BD + table. Delivery is in 3 days, I hope it lives up to it's promise. Thank you too Brian, you have me thinking about dvd/hard drive recorders now. At present I have a freeview box, a video recorder and a DVD player all hooked up to the TV, the remotes are a nightmare, combining it all would be a great idea. The only fly in the ointment is High Def as there is little on the market to support it at the moment.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I can highly recommend a hard drive recorder!! once you've had one you will NEVER go back ! one of the most useful gadgets around !!(apart from hubby!!)

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Fouldsy, took a look in Currys and ended up buying the Samsung LE40R73BD + table. Delivery is in 3 days, I hope it lives up to it's promise. Thank you too Brian, you have me thinking about dvd/hard drive recorders now. At present I have a freeview box, a video recorder and a DVD player all hooked up to the TV, the remotes are a nightmare, combining it all would be a great idea. The only fly in the ointment is High Def as there is little on the market to support it at the moment.
Tech

You have got your self a nice TV there, hooked up to your digi box the picture will be s**t hot!

ps thanks for keeping the share price strong

F

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts