LD Lines Ferry (Portsmouth - Le Havre)

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
With the demise of the P&O ferry, we have booked with LD Lines who have taken over the route. Any experiences or first-hand knowledge of how they compare with P&O would be most welcome.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I've tried to get booked to get over and surprise my daughter for her birthday.

Would you beleive it, I thought it won't be busy out of season.

Ha, can't get a cabin outward, seats are no good as I have to lie flat on my back.

Otherwise I though their prices seemed really good.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Smiley just go Dover Calais or even the Speedferries Seacat Dover to Boulogne if you are not taking the van. It is a nice easy drive down to the Loire and plenty of good cheap hotels beds on route that do not pitch about in the night.

I've never once got a good nights sleep on Portsmouth or Southamton Crossings, and had mine and others kids sick in rough weather July and August summer crossings. ( what joy :-( the smell of others being sick wafting through the air con to cabins) Also mine and friends kids feeling ill and whingeing all the way along French roads to a camp site :-(

There is also the tunnel of course.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris

Tunnel is boring, might have to be Dover to Calais but much quicker portsmaouth to Le harve.

I like the sea even more the rougher its get, never have any trouble sleeping.

I will miss the Le harve crossing, it's just easier to roll out of bed and set off straight away.

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

we're booked on LD Lines at the end of the month to go back to the UK for a week. We'll post on here and let you all know what it's like when we get back. I've heard from our guests here though that the ship's ok. It's one of the old P&O boats so there shouldn't be a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts