Le Chateau de Galinee, 2010 any good?

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The one thing I did not like, was having to pay _3.00 each for an arm band that everyone was suppost to wear all the time on the site. An extra _6.00 for a two night stay is a bit steep.

Steve W

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
The one thing I did not like, was having to pay _3.00 each for an arm band that everyone was suppost to wear all the time on the site. An extra _6.00 for a two night stay is a bit steep.

Steve W
I would agree with Steve W, very nice site but one of the most expensive I have ever stayed on. Cost me an extra _31 euro's on top of two camping cheques for a two night stay, had to pay for two kids aged 3 and 2 and the extra for the armbands inc for the children

Cheers

Rich

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Sorry posted this as a reply to Steve's comment instead as a reply to the topic

I would agree with Steve W, very nice site but one of the most expensive I have ever stayed on. Cost me an extra _31 euro's on top of two camping cheques for a two night stay, had to pay for two kids aged 3 and 2 and the extra for the armbands inc for the children

Cheers

Rich

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site

Steve W
Arm bands aside Steve, did you enjoy the site, were the facilities good, site access, peaceful, clean etc..? Thanks for the reply.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Arm bands aside Steve, did you enjoy the site, were the facilities good, site access, peaceful, clean etc..? Thanks for the reply.
Apart from the arm bands, I found the site to be very good.

Clean facilities and friendly staff.

Thier were one or two noisy people late at night, but don't

forget that the world cup was in full swing then.

Overall a satisfactory site.

Steve W

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Steve W

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

Steve W
We go to Brittany every year and have stayed at Chateau de Galinee some 6-7 times. We like the site and the area very much but it can get very muddy in wet weather. However, the "dreaded" 3 euro arm band was introduced last year and - quite frankly - we think this is a rip off, especially if you are only staying one night before the return ferry crossing.

Neverteless, we did decide to stop for four nights this early June. We were unfortunate enough to have a car window smashed and my wife's handbag stolen from our car on the second day - despite the bag being hidden, the car locked with an alarm and being parked in a very public place. We lost money, passports, mobile phone etc etc. (Yes, I know we should not have left them in the car). The site receptionist (Elodie) and the owner/manager at the site were absolutely fantastic and couldn't do enough to help. Sorting out the new window, passports etc would have been very much more difficult without their help. Even the loan of cash was offerred!

So, you might guess that we think very highly of the site and the staff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts