le harve camping

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Arriving Le harve in June at 1830 hrs ferry looking for somewhere close for overnight before heading South.Anyone know of a campsite,tried camping catiniere but the web site down.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sadly, my only advice here is negative - avoid 'La Briquerie', between Le Havre and Honfleur. There are very few French campsites that I would not return to: even the not very good ones were often convenient and cheap, but 'La Briquerie' was both expensive and poor quality. Certainly, if we were in the area again while waiting for a morning crossing, we would look for 'La Catiniere', but at the time we only had listings to go on, and there didn't seem much to chose between them.

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
We've stayed at Camping La Catiniere a couple of times. It's a member of one of the big chains and we found it to be very good - it's also close to the Autoroute for an easy onward journey. If you have the time, take a look at Honfleur - a lovely place. There's a petrol station at the nearby LeClerc supermarket

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ian, Camping de la Foret de Montgeon is a good municipal actually in Le Havre. It is good for a night halt but can be tricky to find. I recommend Domaine Catiniere. It is easy to find, close to Pont Normadie and the proprietor is very helpful. Arriving in the dark from a late ferry, he waited for us and helped us into the easiest pitch for our 12.5 metre car/caravan rig. Also opens the barrier early for the Brits heading for the early ferry (that was until P&O pulled out)

Regards

Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts