Leak under shower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Think you will find the waste pipe runs beneath the floor and therefore the most likely leak source would be the outlet. To reseal the plughole single handed place some blocks beneath the outlet to just support the pipe at the elbow, then from inside the van remove the screw in the centre of the stainless part. It is likely that this fitting
Sink Waste Outlet 28mm 1.1/4" Straight Plug Hole - Caravan Motorhome Campervan | eBay
connects to an elbow to the external waste pipe and therefore easy to replace if needed. Clean and reseat to refix - the initial blocks prevent the pipe from dropping beneath the van so refitting could be a one-man task! Have a good examine of the shower tray while busy as I think that nearby the plughole is a place liable to cracking as the plastic ages. Hope this helps - and at least a few mild days to be pottering about with minor fixes!

Reactions: Tintentman
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When did you buy the caravan? because it could be something coverd by the 2015 Consumer rights Act which could make it a problem your seller has to deal with.

Jan 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for replying the caravan is 2017 swift lifestyle 4EB the leak occurred has i was just setting up on site , we hadnt used the shower yet . I noticed just after setting everything up that i could still hear the water pump even though we had used any water yet, so i had a look round and noticed water coming from the edge of the shower tray . I switched the pump off but water was still coming through so i drained the tank and that stopped , so i was suspecting some pipework problem , connectors maybe under the shower tray but i cannot see anyway of accessing the pipes ?

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for replying the caravan is 2017 swift lifestyle 4EB the leak occurred has i was just setting up on site , we hadnt used the shower yet . I noticed just after setting everything up that i could still hear the water pump even though we had used any water yet, so i had a look round and noticed water coming from the edge of the shower tray . I switched the pump off but water was still coming through so i drained the tank and that stopped , so i was suspecting some pipework problem , connectors maybe under the shower tray but i cannot see anyway of accessing the pipes ?
We had a similar problem with a Lunar Delta. I removed the shower tap unit ( 4 screws) and discovered a push-fit connector needed pushing fully home. A quick, cheap fix.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As per the previous post, when was the caravan purchased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts