Leaking areal pole.

Aug 31, 2024
Visit site
Morning.
First time on here.
I have a Compass Connoisseur 860. I have a problem with water running in down from my directional arial. Into the cupboard next to the radio. Anyone else had this and how do I fix this. Is there some sort of seal thatโ€™s maybe gone.

Thanks for help in advance. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Does it happen only when you turn the aerial to vertical - if so it's the top head filling with water - one cure is to drill a small hole on the bottom edge, when vertical, so that any water can drain out - if it happens in both horizontal and vertical mode, it's probably the seal round the fitting on the roof where the pole slides through, it's available from Status as a spare.

https://visionplus.co.uk/product/gaiter-only-fixed/ but check it's the right one.

May 30, 2024
Visit site
The vision plus part seems the better solution to me if thats what has failed, cv boots aren't designed to cope with rotational slip which is what you typically need when you're aligning the aerial with the transmitter.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I had this on a new Swift a few years back, Swift sent me a replacement seal which was easy to fit. I used a thin smear of red rubber grease when inserting the aerial pole into the new one to reduce the risk of damaging it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Have a good look around your caravan, in both of my new Coachman vans there was a new seal and a blank to fit the hole where the aerial post sits, if for some reason you removed it, ie maybe to fit a winter cover.

TRENDING THREADS