Leaking shower

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I have a 2 year old Avondale Landranger 6400 and water has started flowing out of the shower handle (where you turn it on and adjust the temperature). It means that we can't use any other taps without water pouring out of the shower till we get it fixed and we are supposed to be going away in a week. Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem, or any ideas where I might be able to get hold of spare parts (I'm told that Avondale is closed for the next week!)?

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I'm assuming that it's a single lever shower your describing. I haven't been in a Landranger for a long time, but from experience with various 'vans I'm going to guess that the handle has been bumped or whatever and has cracked the plastic cartridge inside which the lever is attached to (the plastic becomes brittle with heat). If this is the case replacement is the only option and I don't know if you'd get one quickly. If its a common type used by a few manufacturers you may be lucky enough to pick one up at a decent caravan shop which stocks replacement taps, etc. If the cartridge is still in one piece it will be possible to superglue any cracks, effecting a temporary repair, although you would then have to be very gentle with the lever.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts