Leaking window

Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm after a bit of advice . I appear to have a slight leak coming from under my kitchen window from the bottom of the seal. On closer inspection I've noticed that the seal on the outside isn't sitting flush with wall like the other windows , creating a small gap. Was wondering is it a case of pushing it flush or is it more complex than that . Its a swift 2012 . Any advice would be appreciated tia .

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Well for the water to be coming out it must be getting in somewhere -so possibly other areas of the seal are coming adrift. I think the best result would be taking the seal out, cleaning away all the old from the seal and the bodywork then refitting with new mastic strip. The reason is that new mastic can fail to adhere to old and therefore not improve the seal to the bodywork. Sorry if that begins to sound like a bigger job than expected!

Reactions: samual5
Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Well for the water to be coming out it must be getting in somewhere -so possibly other areas of the seal are coming adrift. I think the best result would be taking the seal out, cleaning away all the old from the seal and the bodywork then refitting with new mastic strip. The reason is that new mastic can fail to adhere to old and therefore not improve the seal to the bodywork. Sorry if that begins to sound like a bigger job than expected!
Thanks for the reply.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts